Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Frosting – almond buttercream, to be exact. Check out the recipe below!
Of COURSE I had to go green…gotta represent my Jets!!
These are so simple to make, yet so amazingly delicious! It’s just a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, cooked inside a mini muffin tin.
Then you hollow out the centers just a bit before cooking to make room for the frosting. Mmmmm…nothing beats homemade frosting, am I right??
Instead of making a regular vanilla buttercream, I did my favorite switch-a-roo and substituted to make almond buttercream. If you’ve never tried it, please do. It will change your life.
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are filled with a decadent almond buttercream frosting. Two bites, and you're in heaven!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Almond Buttercream Frosting (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Mix in flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray mini-muffin tins thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray. Fill muffin cups with about 2 tbsp dough, slightly hollowing out the center. Bake cookies 7-9 minutes, or until lightly golden (do not overbake!)
- Transfer cookies to wire racks. Let cool completely, then fill with frosting, using a pastry bag or sandwich bag with the corner tip cut off.
For the Almond Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2-3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2-3 tbsp milk
Cream together butter and sugar. Add almond extract and 1 tbsp. milk. Continue to add milk until your desired consistency is achieved.
After making a good amount of the cookie cups, I still had some dough leftover, so I got a little creative…
Remember those cookies you saw last night? Well they aren’t just any chocolate chip cookie…
They’re candy-bar-filled chocolate chip cookies!
Specifically, Milky-Way filled chocolate chip cookies. After seeing the idea over on Picky Palate’s site, I became a little obsessed.
It’s a good thing I only made 8 of these cookies…since there’s only 2 left!
It’s almost GAME TIME…we’ll be heading out shortly to go back over to my parents’ house for the big Jets Game. Hopefully it’s as good as last week!!!