I am completely and utterly in LOVE with this Crabmeat and Mozzarella Omelet. There really just are not enough words.
A little over a week ago, I ended up buying a package of Trans-Ocean Crab Classic on a whim, after seeing that it was on sale. When I checked in on it last night, I noticed that the expiration date was fast approaching and figured I should get to work on it.
Well, the back of the package hit the nail on the head when I saw a recipe for a crabmeat and mozzarella omelet. Really? REALLY?
So here’s what went into my omelet:
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- -2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- -1/3 cup crabmeat (I know it’s not technically “real” crabmeat…)
- -2 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella & Monterey Jack blend cheese
- -1/4 cup diced red onions and red pepper
- -salt and pepper
- Saute red pepper and onions until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add crabmeat to pan and saute with cooking spray until heated through, 2-3 minutes
- Spray pan and add eggs/egg substitute. When first side is done, flip over, fill with crabmeat, cheese, peppers, onions, salt and pepper. Fold over to form the omelet.
I honestly never thought I could love crabmeat crab-flavored seafood so much. I mean, seriously…this omelet was just fantastic. Has anyone else ever tried this combo?? Amazing, I tell you!
I served some mixed greens alongside my omelet, sprinkled with the rest of my peppers and onions and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. So, so good.
But while we’re on the subject of omelets, I need to ask you all a little question…
How do YOU spell omelet? Omelet or omelette?
I honestly just keep using “omelet” because that’s what Windows Live Writer seems to tell me is correct, but I’ve seen it written both ways and am never quite sure…?
Time to go get my study on!
Questions for the Afternoon:
Omelet or omelette?
Favorite type of seafood (if any)?