1. I think we may finally be over the growth spurt with Mr. Lucas over here. The past two nights have been way better than earlier in the week, so I have a feeling we’re on the upswing. Thank god.
2. Because of said growth spurt, this week wound up being pretty rough for me. I totally blame the lack of sleep, but I found myself suddenly super emotional and incredibly overwhelmed. I kept thinking, “how the heck am I going to do all this?!” and was really feeling defeated. Thankfully, Jay was just amazing and helped me out SO much in terms of getting things ready at home in the evenings, and he really did a great job of lifting my spirits. And now that I’m getting a little more sleep, I notice I’m already feeling so much better. So my PSA for the day? Get your SLEEP.
3. We did not have one trick or treater at our house yesterday for Halloween. But honestly, I wasn’t really expecting any since a) the weather was horrible, and b) I think we’ve had a total of 5 trick or treaters over the past four Halloweens that we’ve been living in that house.
4. Today is the day that I (and I’m sure many of you as well) have your willpower tested to the max. Oh yes…today is the day where everyone comes into work with all of their leftover Halloween candy and tries to dump it on their co-workers. (let’s just hope there some 100 Grand’s or some Twix in the mix, hmm?)
5. We have a Halloween party to go to on Saturday and I’m having the hardest time deciding if I want to make something sweet or savory to bring. Oh, decisions, decisions.
6. Next week at this time, Jay, Lucas, and I will be down in New York City for a pretty exciting little trip. More details to come. (I know, I’m terrible)
7. I haven’t worked out since last Monday. And even the thought of it right now makes me yawn. I can’t wait to have my energy back.
8. You guys want to know what my morning music selection of choice has been this week? Oh, that would be the Baby Einstein station on Pandora. We’ve been rockin’ out to ‘Wheels on the Bus’ and ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider’ in the car like it’s nobody’s business.
9. I realized, as I’m typing these up, that these Fun Facts posts are actually a whole lot like my Tangents posts I used to do. Maybe I should just start calling them that again? They were fun.
10. Last night I got caught up on this week’s episode of Nashville…and can I just say, I absolutely love Hayden Panettiere’s character of Juliette Barnes. Girl cracks me up.
11. This morning, I put on the one pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that I had left that hadn’t been fitting me and I was super pumped to see that they are once again wearable (I missed my black skinny jeans!). And I’ll tell ya something…having gone through pregnancy seriously makes me appreciate my body in a whole new light now. I may not be a size 2 (or even 4, for that matter) but I am damn proud of what this bod of mine has been capable of doing. And I know that probably sounds cliché, but it’s true. I think I’m more comfortable now than I have been in a long, long time and I just love it (and I also love not worrying about any of it one bit either).
12. Happy November to you all! It just doesn’t seem possible to already be this far along in 2013. How many more days should we give before we’re bombarded with Christmas commercials? (I’d say and Christmas décor in the stores too, but that’s been up for weeks…in fact, they were right next to the Halloween costumes in Target. Seriously…can we just get through one holiday at a time? Goodness gracious!).
That’s all I’ve got for ya today, friends. Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!!