Healthy toddler meals can still taste delicious! This pasta recipe incorporates the cheese your toddler will love, along with the veggies you can feel good about!
Over the past month or so, Lucas has definitely gotten to be much more picky when it comes to what he eats. Where we used to be able to put basically anything on a tray in front of him, he’s now begun to show his preferences which, mind you, can change from one day to the next. So trying to find healthy toddler meals that he will actually enjoy has become a bit of a challenge.
But recently, thanks to my friend Kanika, I was turned on to a recipe that has proven to be a winner in our kitchen every single time I serve it.
I can put together a batch of this in about 15-20 minutes and it’ll last us for the entire week.
I love how it’s not only ridiculously easy to make, but it also provides some extra greens that Lucas is typically no longer interested in.
Hey…however we can sneak ‘em in there, right? That’s what healthy toddler meals are about in this house. 😉
Toddlers and adults will both love the cheesy deliciousness of this meal, but adults will love that you're sneaking in some veggies in the process!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 big handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 cup uncooked mini pasta, such as ditalini
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and sauté the spinach until just wilted.
- Combine the spinach with the milk and cheeses and chop finely in a food processor.
- Mix with the cooked pasta. Serve and enjoy!