Alright, who doesn’t like guacamole?
Well, if you had asked me about a year ago, I would have said, “Umm, ME, I don’t like guacamole.”
Boy how things can change after a year. 😉
But better yet, who doesn’t like some HEALTHIFIED guacamole?!?
That’s what I thought! Keep reading…
First, you mash up a can of early peas. Yup, that’s right, peas! Don’t they look tasty?? 😯
Next, mash up 1/2 cup worth of avocado. This baby gave me the perfect amount.
Then, add in some chopped onion, plain fat-free Greek yogurt, & chopped grape tomatoes.
Followed by your seasonings.
And you’ve got yourself one heck of a bowl of guacamole my friends!!
Original recipe from the Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Calorie Cookbook
- One 15 oz. can early (young) peas, drained
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1 medium-small avocado’s worth)
- 1/3 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- Additional salt & black pepper, to taste
Optional: chopped fresh cilantro, chopped jarred jalapenos
- Place peas in a medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.
- Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, and seasonings. Continue to mash until blended.
- Stir in tomatoes, onion, and, if you like, some cilantro and/or jalapenos. Season to taste with salt and pepper. ENJOY! 🙂
I made this guac for a tonight’s taco dinner that we’re having with our friends Joe & Kate. I’ll fill ya’ll in on the rest of the dinner tomorrow! Hope you have a great Friday night!!
Question for the Night:
Guacamole: Love it or hate it?