You know those workouts that you really dread doing but end up turning out to be one of your best? Yep, I had me one of those on Monday.
You know those workouts that you have really high hopes for but end up turning out to be awful? Yep, I had one of those this morning.
I had planned on gearing up for a steady 5-mile run this morning, but about 2 miles in, my legs just couldn’t take it anymore. They were like jell-o, and they just were not liking me. On top of that, my hips were really tight for some reason, so a little after mile 3, I decided to call it quits.
My body did not want to run today, so I stopped running. Plain and simple. But what it did want to do is stretch, so I popped in my 10lb. Slimdown DVD and got my “ohm” on with some yoga. I felt so much better afterward…especially after doing some runners lunges and pigeon poses.
How To Make Last Minute Iced Coffee
I get a lot of questions about how I brew my iced coffee. Typically, I will usually just brew a big batch of it like normal, pour it into a pitcher, and pop it in the fridge. But some days, like today, when the pitcher is empty and I need a quick fix, I will pull out my last minute iced coffee method.
Here’s what you do…
- Use double the amount of coffee grounds that you usually use for a regular pot. For example, I usually use 1 coffee scoop (which = 2 tbsp) for every two cups of water. So with my scoop, it’s a 1:2 ratio.
For last minute iced coffee, the ratio changes to 1:1. This morning I used:
2-1/2 heaping scoops of coffee grounds & 3 cups of water.
2. Pour your water into the reservoir and brew like usual (and pay no attention to the unfinished trim around our kitchen window…).
3. Once coffee is brewed, grab a large glass and fill it with ice.
**Since your coffee is double strength right now, pouring it over ice is going to dilute it back to the normal strength you usually use.
4. Pour coffee over ice and allow a few minutes to dilute and cool off.
5. Once the coffee has cooled, prepare it as normal, grab a straw, and start sippin’!
Now that I’ve got my iced coffee all set, it’s time to go finish my breakfast (which is actually the same as this delicious combo) and get to work on a few things.
**This afternoon, I’ve got a fun Fashion Friday post with my Old Navy finds from yesterday, so be sure to stay tuned!
Question for the Morning:
Coffee drinkers: Do you prefer your own brewed coffee, or would you rather get it out somewhere? Where’s your favorite coffee spot?