Over the weekend, I sat and really started thinking about my 2011 Goals.
What’s that you say? It’s January 10th already?
Hey, sometimes things take me a little extra time, don’t judge. Besides, it’s fun not to follow the crowd sometimes.
Soooo, goals. Where do I start…
Well, first off, I know there’s been some good debate on the difference between a “goal” and a “resolution.” I actually found Diana’s breakdown of the two to be quite helpful.
To be honest, I’ve never been one to make “New Year’s Resolutions.” For some reason, they always scared me. Whether it was a fear of failure, or just a mere case of laziness, I don’t think I’ve ever really made one.
But by calling them “goals” I guess I feel like I’m more willing and ready to take them on!
There’s a first time for everything, right? SO, here they are:
- Run my first 10K – I ran my one and only 5K a year and a half ago, but never attempted (nor desired to attempt) anything farther. Now I just have to find a running buddy…
- Run the Boilermaker – I’m REALLY excited about this one! The Boilermaker is a 15K race in Utica, NY that takes place in July. I just signed up for it yesterday(!!!) so there’s no turning back now! I’ll be running it with my friend, Eileen, and hopefully Jen too! Anyone else?!?!?
- Commit to Yoga – Not that I want to do it daily, but I really want to make it more of my weekly workout routine. I always feel so great when I do it…I just need to commit!
- Improve my time management skills – Yeah, definitely need to work on these. No matter how hard I try, I feel like I’m always rushing.
- Get our finances organized – Jay and I have been married over a year now and we still have a lot of progress to make in this area.
- Be more spontaneous! – For some reason, I’ve allowed myself to become a creature of habit. It’s time to break out of the box and have some fun!!
- Read more books – There are so many books that I really want to read, yet I feel like I never make the time for myself to read them. This will go along with my time management goal.
- Visit 2 new states – Gotta start making progress on that Adventure Map!
- Continue to keep you all coming back…and keep spreading the word! – Knowing that at the beginning of 2010 I didn’t even have a blog just boggles my mind, since I can’t imagine NOT having it! Blogging has become one of my favorite hobbies, and I can only hope that my passion for writing and sharing my stories with you all will continue to show.
- Invest in a DSLR camera – I’ve had my eye on one of these bad boys for a while now and have been trying to save up. I’d really like to improve my photography, not only with the food pics I snap, but in all aspects of life.
I’m sure that as 2011 continues on, I will come up with more to add to my list. However, creating a list that’s too big is also a little scary to me, so for now, I’m happy with what I’m striving for!
Question for the Day:
What do you think – “Resolutions” or “Goals”? Do you have any for 2011??