1. I have SO much to do in the next 24 hours, it isn’t even funny.
2. Actually, it is sort of funny. No need for me to get all dramatic on you like that, I suppose. We’re getting ready for VACATION (YAY!) and I have ZERO packed (OH CRAP). This is the extent of my “packing” as of Thursday night, and we leave Saturday…
AKA, everything I recently purchased at Target for our trip is just sitting on our kitchen floor in the same bags since I know they’ll eventually need to be packed up anyway.
3. FYI: Notice the crumbs all over my kitchen floor. I’m fairly certain I will never, ever have clean floors for more than 10 minutes again. Ever.
4. What is it about fresh flowers in the house that just makes things seem so much brighter and happier??
Then again, maybe it’s just because they distract from the mess that is usually all over the floor? ; )
5. As I’m typing up this post (on Thursday evening) I’ve been hearing bits and pieces of a show that I believe is called Love Connection on Fox? Oh my god, it is awful…
6. Okay, so how many of you broke the bank this week with Amazon’s Prime Day?? I actually got myself one fun purchase that I’m pretty excited about…
I feel like I’ve been hearing SO MANY good things about these Instant Pots, so I had to give it a shot to see what all the fuss is about. Do you have one? Is it a must-have? What do you make in it? Tell me, tell me! I need ideas for when we get back from vacay!
7. I also finally ordered some new prints from Alex’s 1st birthday photo session; Mpix was having 50% off 8×10 prints earlier this week so I had to take advantage and stock up.
8. Man, I am obsessed with those kiddos up there ^^^ <3
9. So I think (if I’m being honest with myself) that I’ve come to the realization that greek yogurt and I really just don’t get along that well. I absolutely LOVE greek yogurt, but it seems that when I eat it, my gut doesn’t always feel the same way. Yet, I still eat it. At what point do you say “enough is enough” and call it quits?? I don’t think I can just yet…
10. Can I just take a quick minute to say thank you to you guys for your sweet comments from Wednesday’s post? I definitely did not foresee that coming, and once again, you guys just continue to blow me away with your love and support. You rock! Here’s to more rambling blog posts in the future!
11. I totally meant to make a batch of BBQ Pulled Chicken, Triple Lemon Blueberry Muffins, and my favorite cookie bars to bring with us on vacation and…guess who hasn’t made ANY of them yet? Yep…that’d be me. Here’s hoping I can get my act together tonight!
12. So all this talk about vacation and you’re probably like, woah hold the phone…where are you going?! Wellll, we’re headed to my family’s favorite vacation spot, Wildwood, NJ! We weren’t able to go last year since we had the whole new baby thing going on, so it’s been about two years since we’ve hit the beach now…
Needless to say, I’m excited! And I’m also thankful that my parents, brother, and his girlfriend will also be there because I can’t imagine what it will be like bringing both of the boys on vacation. I thought it was hard enough with just one before?! GAH. I know we’ll definitely be hitting up our favorite ice cream spot, and I’m hoping we can also make it to the incredible Mexican restaurant we visited the last time we were there…but if anyone has any other recommendations, I’m all ears!!
I’m going to try to check in at least once while we’re away, but I’m sure I’ll also be posting on Instagram, so be sure to follow along!
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3