Raspberry Almond Gems – a family favorite! (see recipe below)
I’ve had quite a few requests for these little goodies ever since I first posted about them a week ago.
Lucky for you, I copied down the recipe from my mom when I was over there this weekend, so you don’t have to wait any longer.
These have LONG been a favorite in my family, so hopefully they’ll turn out to be just as popular for you and your family.
A family favorite! These buttery shortbread cookies are sandwiched with a sweet, raspberry filing, and dusted with just a hint of powdered sugar.
2 hr, 20 Prep Time
10 minCook Time
2 hr, 30 Total Time
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup seedless red raspberry preserves
- Confectionersâ?? sugar
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder; cut in butter until crumbly. Add beaten egg yolks and almond extract to flour/butter mixture. Blend until fully incorporated. Form dough into a ball, flatten into a disc, then wrap in wax paper. Chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough out on a floured surface, into about 1/4-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter of your choice to form cookies. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes until just barely golden. Remove from cookie sheet to a cooling rack; cool completely.
- Stir 1 cup of red raspberry preserves (this makes it easier to spread) in a small bowl. Place 1-2 teaspoons of preserves on one cooled cookie and sandwich with another. Dust with confectionersâ?? sugar. ENJOY!