Hey guys! This was supposed to get published yesterday, but since I was dealing with those photo issues, I never got the chance. So just popping in quick this afternoon to give ya a little heads up on a fun event that may just be happening in a city near you:
SELF Magazine’s Workout in the Park
This is the 19th year of the Workout in the Park series, and the event will be happening in CHICAGO, NEW YORK, & SAN FRANCISCO.
From the calendar listing,
“SELF Workout in the Park is a unique experience filled with a day of fun and invigorating classes from CRUNCH gym, beauty and fashion consultations, nutritional know-how, and tons of freebies and giveaways from SELF and our sponsors. The event has been inspiring tens of thousands of women for 19 years to energize their lives.”
Workout in the Park 2012 inspires healthy, happy lifestyles with high-energy exercises, fashion tips, beauty consultations and great giveaways. It will also unveil some hot new exercise trends from CRUNCH, including:
- Fly Girls— Stay super fly by counting down to your favorite 90s pop hits with easy-to-follow dance routines.
- POUND Rockout Workout— Fuse pilates-inspired movement with the art of making music at this trendy new class that uses Ripstix™, weighted drumsticks, to work the core, upper, and lower body.
- Hippie Yoga— i.e. yoga that focuses on opening up the hips! Leaves you feeling restored and renewed like no other.
A one-year SELF Magazine subscription is also included with every Workout in the Park ticket.
WHERE ARE THE EVENTS?
- San Francisco (Little Marina Green): May 5, 2012
- New York (Rumsey Playfield, Central Park): May 12, 2012
- Chicago (Butler Field, Grant Park): June 2, 2012
WHEN: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., rain or shine
HOW TO GET TICKETS? Tickets for SELF magazine Workout in the Park are $20 and can be purchased in advance of the event at www.SELFWorkoutinthePark.com, beginning on March 15, 2012.
In honor of the upcoming events, SELF magazine also put together a few new rockin’ playlists, and asked if I’d be interested in sharing them with all of you. Of course I’d love to share – I mean, who couldn’t use a hot new workout playlist every now and then, right? So, here ya go!
New Workout Playlists
I always thought the Workout in the Park would be fun (I’ve been reading about it for years), but it just never seem to work with my schedule. Is anyone else planning on attending any of the events listed above, or have you attended in the past?
Word on the street is that Dolvett Quince (the awesome trainer on The Biggest Loser) is hosting the events…
Oh, what I would give to have him be my trainer…even if just for a day.
Question for the Afternoon:
If you could workout with any celebrity trainer, who would you pick?