Zucchini Oatmeal Bread! (see recipe below)
What’s that you say? Am I eating breakfast again?
Well yes, I guess I technically am. But it’s lunch.
I was actually really craving eggs for breakfast this morning, but couldn’t manage to have anything with any sort of heat to it. On Friday evening, I was lucky enough to get my hands on another batch of Kathryn’s chickens’ eggs and have been dying to have some ever since. They’re seriously just so good.
So for lunch, I decided to make myself a scramble with 2 whole eggs, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, and provolone cheese.
On the side, I had another piece of Zucchini Oatmeal Bread topped with peanut butter.
I’ll tell ya…I’m totally lovin’ on this stuff.
(I made sure to eat both edge pieces yesterday while they were still warm and crispy)
I’m so thankful that Christina shared this recipe with me. She said that it came from her mom, which she slightly adapted, and then she passed it on to me. Then I slightly adapted her version…
And now I’m passing it on to all of you!
Yields 1 loaf
Moist and delicious, this recipe will be perfect for breakfast or a scrumptious morning snack. Or, heck, any time of day!
10 minPrep Time
55 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, applesauce, and vanilla in a bowl and mix until blended. Stir in the zucchini.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10-20 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!
So far, it’s been great topped with honey butter, cinnamon cream cheese, and peanut butter.
It’s a winner.