Hello, hello! Today’s lack of fun facts is brought to you by the fact(s) that…
1. We are still working on adjusting to kindergarten and WOAH baby, it is proving to be exhausting some days. Or more like most days. Luckily, school itself seems to be going just fine, and from the few details we’re being fed here and there, he seems to really be enjoying it and is making some new friends(!).
But it’s the after school-dinner-bedtime routine that is throwing us for a loop. My babe is absolutely tired, no doubt about it…but it only makes him even MORE off the walls. And then on top of that, there’s the extra whining, defiance, and acting out way more than we’re used to. I’ve been told to give the adjustment a good 1-2 months, and I’m totally trying to extend him some grace, because I know how hard his little brain is working during the day. But holy crap, we’re definitely all still working things out! Any veteran kindergarten moms out there with any tips??
2. There has been lots of coffee. With a side of some beautiful flowers from our neighbor.
3. I’ve made the decision to revamp our current “office” situation, so I’ve been spending all of my spare time browsing the web for fun ideas and all. the. things. It basically still looks like a variation of THIS, along with this latest purchase, but I really want to make a little dedicated area for Lucas to do his homework (i.e., small table and chairs, place to hang his work, etc.). All of my ideas are slowly starting to come together, so I’m excited to really get rolling on it and share our progress along the way.
4. For my fellow Rachel Hollis fans out there, have you heard about her #Last90Days Challenge? I’ve loved everything about her so far, so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to join in and see what the challenge is all about (it’s free!).
I’m all for working to finish out the rest of 2018 on a strong, positive note. Let me know if you decide to join in, too!
5. This really is all I have for fun facts today, sadly, because it’s been quite a week. Soooo, I’m gonna leave you all here and head on my merry way because it’s Thursday night as I’m typing this and this girl is just ready for BED.
Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a fun weekend ahead!