It’s been two whole months since I last checked in here, and I can’t even believe it. At this point, I honestly just don’t know what this space is going to to look like going forward. Some of the updates I’m going to share below definitely play into that. But rather than try to give something a label, or attempt to commit myself to some sort of posting cadence, I’m just going to continue to check in when it feels right AND when I can find the time(!).
With that said, here’s a running list of all sort of stuff that’s been happening over the past two months.
1. Despite all of the COVID related restrictions this year, we were still able to enjoy our annual family apple picking day.
2. Let’s be honest though…the cider donuts are one of the best parts of apple picking, aren’t they?!
3. And speaking of cider donuts…add one to a sundae with loads of caramel and soft vanilla ice cream and good lord, it’s heaven.
4. I still have yet to take part in any pumpkin coffee drinks this season (crazy, considering the fanatic I used to be), but I have been loving my Dunkin’ pumpkin munchkins.
5. Back in September, I decided to chop my hair a bit.
6. Then last weekend, I decided to chop off even more. Because hey, why not?
7. I’m still loving strength training, and have been averaging 3-4 strength training days/week. BUT, I’ve recently become somewhat intrigued by the Peleton bike as a different form of cardio exercise on my non-strength training days. I feel like anyone I’ve spoken to that has one LOVES it, but it really is quite an investment so I’m not totally on board just yet. Unlessssss any of you are able to convince me otherwise…?
8. The boys are back in school! This is Alex’s last year of preschool, and Lucas started 2nd grade, and so far…all things considered…things have been going really, really well.
9. They’ve both got somewhat of a hybrid model happening at their schools, with Lucas in school 2 days a week/home three, and Alex in school 2 mornings a week/1 morning remote. While I would LOVE to have them in person full time, I’m trying to just remain thankful that we’re at least able to maintain their part time remote work from home, while Jay and I also continue to work our own jobs from home.
10. Speaking of work, I got a promotion! I had been working toward this move since the beginning of 2020, and I couldn’t be more thrilled about it. I’ve now taken on more of a project management role, and while it definitely requires a bit more time and attention, I feel like I’m finally using my brain and skills in a way that I haven’t had to in a long time. And I love it. So, take that, 2020.
11. I have become absolutely OBSESSED with this Target sweater. So much so, that I’ve purchased it in four different colors so far. It’s crazy comfortable, and I ordered up a size (size large for me) so it would have a bit more of a roomy/relaxed fit. It’s perfect for fall, winter, and working from home, and it’s only $20!
The dirty mirror is BACK!
12. I also fell in love with this Abercrombie sweater (currently on clearance!) that I purchased back in September when Sister Studio launched her collection with them. They have limited stock/sizes right now, but I’d totally recommend checking to see if they have yours, especially with it being on sale.
13. And if we’re talking about clothing that I’ve recently fallen in love with, than I also have to include these joggers. There have been many days lately where I’m totally ‘Zoom presentable’ for work up top, but I’m definitely sporting these on the bottom (for reference, I have them in a medium and they are plenty roomy!).
14. Watching Lucas play soccer this year has become so much more fun than the past couple of years. He’s at the age where they’re finally, actually starting to play more of a game…as a team…rather than the coaches basically herding cats and trying to stop everyone on the field from chasing the ball at once. Seriously though, his games have become one of my favorite weekend activities. <3
15. Our Butcher Box deliveries have been knocking it outta the park lately. We’ve been getting a box every six-ish weeks or so since March, and everything we get always tastes so fresh, tender, and delicious. Their signups were actually on hold for a few months, but they’ve since opened them back up. And if you want to give them a shot, you can use this referral code to snag $15 off your first box!
16. As bored as I get with making them all the time, I must admit…I do make a pretty mean salad. And pretzel Goldfish crackers have become my new favorite “crunch” to add to them lately.
17. Out of all the holidays out there, Halloween is most definitely my favorite one to decorate our mantle for.
18. I feel like this quote really speaks to how my heart has been feeling lately. Which is a big reason for why I’ve been somewhat quiet on social media.
19. If there was ever a graphic to fully capture all of the little things that can easily make my day…
Seriously. Every single one of them.
20. I was so sad to have to let go of summer this year, not knowing what kind of fall/winter we’ll be looking at.
21. And, is it just me, or did the sun suddenly go from setting at like, 8:30pm to 6:30pm overnight?! One bonus to that, is that movie nights have returned (and my kids only like doing them when it’s dark out, hence the bonus).
22. After years of contemplating it, I’m getting my first tattoo next month. I’ve been working with Simple Sally Designs on a small, simple design, and I can’t wait. We’ve had a bunch of back and forth, but this was the first round of designs that she shared with me.
I’ll be sure to share the final result once I have it!
23. The boys have moved on from their love of battery powered cars to quads (they have these, which were given for birthdays this summer from the family), and they love to cruise around in the yard with some of their other neighborhood buddies who happen to have the same ones.
24. Not gonna lie…they’re also really fun for adults, too.
25. I feel like there are so many other random things that have happened over the past couple of months that I could share, but because I’ve been much more lax about photographing everything (simply for the sake of sharing it on social media), I don’t have the evidence to show for it!
Okay, wellllll, I think that should catch us up to speed a bit. I honestly, really do want to make my way back to this space more often, but between working from home, with a new job, while also trying to help kiddos through their school work…well, there just aren’t enough hours in the day! So I’m not sure when I’ll be back to chat, but thank you to all of you who are still here reading this today, and to those who have checked in while I was gone for a bit. You’re all the best.
Stay well! <3