Not that there’s anything wrong with 20 minute dinners! ;)
I actually came across this article from Women’s Health today which has some pretty good sounding recipes for some quick, healthy dinners: 20-Minute Meals. I might have to try one or two of them out next week!
But on to tonight’s dinner. It was fabulous, not only because it tasted delicious, but because the only effort it took was to take the pot out of the fridge, and throw it on the stove to heat up! 5 minutes, LOVE IT!
So what’s secretly hiding inside the pot???…
It involves the rest of that leftover turkey I roasted last week….
Still not sure??
Homemade Turkey & Veggie Soup! :-D
Turkey & Veggie Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 container (32 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- diced or stewed tomatoes (about 1/2-1 can’s worth)
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey (or chicken – I’ve used both, and both are equally delicious)
- 1/2 cup bite-sized pasta, uncooked
1. Cook onion, carrot and celery in hot oil in large pot 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in chicken broth, water, dressing mix, corn, & tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
3. Add turkey (or chicken) and pasta; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
This is one of my favorite go-to soups. It’s quick, easy, and tastes even BETTER with a loaf of fresh, warm bread! ;) The hubby came home with THIS bag ‘o goodies!
From Panera Bread!! One of my FAVORITES! He tried to get a baguette, but they were out, so a sourdough loaf was the next best thing.
Mmmm, look at those veggies & turkey chunks!
Oh, and you know I totally had another piece of bread after this one. ;)
We’re having special friends over tonight!! And better yet, there’s rumor that there may be ice cream involved! :-P