Today we’re talking spring fashion trends!
I swear, the temps hit 40 degrees earlier this week, and all of a sudden, spring fever has hit. Hard. Granted, I was ready for spring like, four months ago, but that’s another thing.
I’ve seen a lot of stuff floating around lately about all of the big “trends” that are said to be happening this spring in the world of fashion and I’ve gotta admit…there is some seriously CUTE stuff! Here’s a look at 5 of my favorite spring fashion trends…
First and foremost, it’s important to note that I am very much a proponent of making sure that the shirtdress is worn properly… i.e., if you’re sporting a shorter shirtdress, toss on a pair of leggings. Most shirtdresses that I’ve tried on are a bit on the shorter side, so if I wanted to make them work for work, then they’re not going to be worn solo. Feel me?
I love this shirtdress from Target for its simplicity.
You could do SO much with this, and style it so many different ways by playing with accessories, layers. and shoes. Things like a scarf, jewelry, an open cardigan or denim jacket, sandals, or booties could bring this dress in a ton of different directions. Versatility is always an awesome thing.
Some other adorable shirtdresses in different styles?
- Levi’s Women’s Denim Shirt Dress
- Maison Jules Long-Sleeve Dot Print Shirtdress
- Utility Twill Shirtdress
- Ace Delivery Print Shirtdress
- Old Navy has some great shirtdresses available, too!
After an exceptionally long, dark, and downright frigid winter, I am really looking forward to brightening up my wardrobe. This season, “they’re” saying that yellow is THE color, and that’s a-okay by me. Usually, I’d prefer to dress up an outfit with some fun pops of yellow. Maybe it’s a hot pair of pumps, or a fun bag, or even a bright skirt that’s muted with a neutral top and shoes. Either way, I’m diggin’ the yellow.
- Kate Spade New York Secret Garden Stud Earrings
- Topshop ‘Milo’ Split Back Sleeveless Top Topshop
- Longchamp ‘Mini Le Pliage’ Handbag Longchamp
- Green Thumb Neon Yellow Maxi Dress Lush
- BCBGeneration ‘Treasure’ Pointy Toe Pump
- Alfani Classic Pencil Skirt Alfani
Flats, Slides, and Sneakers
Now this is one trend that I can absolutely, 100% get on board with! Comfort is where it’s at, so knowing that the “in” style this spring doesn’t have to mean 4-5 inch wedges (not that they’re not adorable, but you won’t ever find me wearing them!) is, well…comforting.
- Mad Love Lydia Loafers via Target (in LOVE with the white lace and black and white ones!)
- Bucketfeet offers some really cute sneakers (you may remember the pair I purchased, and am dying to wear this spring!)
- Old Navy has some super cute sneakers and sandals right now
- Ida Footbed Sandals via Target
- Shae Ballet Flat via Target (comes in 6 different colors, including some really pretty spring colors, too)
File this one under the category of “I love it but would never dare DO it.” Between having a toddler and being continuously told “you can dress her up, but ya can’t take her out,” thanks to my incessant spilling, I think it’s safe to say that this is one trend I’m likely going to avoid. But that doesn’t mean I still don’t love the look! I say, if you can rock it, DO it!
Some cute looks I love:
Honestly, I love a good floral print any time of year, but there’s something about wearing it in spring that makes it that much more…festive? Some of my favorite floral prints come paired with a dark backdrop, like navy blue. I feel like it gives it a more sophisticated, polished look. I don’t know, maybe I’m full of it. But here are a few more favorites:
- Rose Print Peplum Tank via Express
- Elbow Sleeve Floral Blouse via Target
- Bea Bold Floral Print Box Pleat Skater Skirt
- Steph Floral Midi Bodycon Dress
- Floral Shift Dress via Old Navy
- Floral Button Front Shirt via Old Navy
So how about you guys? Are you on board with any of the spring fashion trends above? Any other ones you’re looking forward to this spring?
Disclaimer: This post does contain some affiliate links. Thank you so much for your continued support of STSL <3.