1. I seriously cannot get enough of the carbs lately. Toast, cereal, crackers, graham crackers, you name it.
Oh, and don’t even get me started on things like donuts and cinnamon buns. I want them alllll the time.
2. I want to try and get some materials to make a craft like this for Lucas soon. I have no doubt he’d love it!
3. Thanks so much to all of you who entered the giveaway for the customized ornament from Christina! Congrats to the lucky winner, Donna Clifton! The winner has already been emailed but, of course, Christina is still taking orders up through December 1st!
4. I’ve been loving the idea of big, baggy, slouchy sweaters lately. This one in particular is super cute, as is this one and this one. Sweatpants, too. They get put on the minute I get home from work.
5. I got the sweetest package in the mail yesterday from a local favorite shop of mine, The Confectionery House. I go there for a lot of my baking supplies (especially when I used to make cupcakes all the time!) and they emailed the other day thanking me for sending customers their way and wanted to send me a little ‘thank you.’
Looks like I’ve gotta make some festive cupcakes and treats this season with these cuties!
6. It has been so long since I’ve been able to do an early morning workout. Probably at least 6 weeks or so, and I miss them. Hopefully I’ll get my will and desire to do them back again once I can forego spending my mornings snacking on saltines.
7. We’ve had people working on the lot next to us the past couple of days and while I was working from home on Wednesday, I kindly went out to the gentleman using the crane and bribed him with homemade cookies to dig up a couple of tree stumps that were left in our yard.
Turns out, those cookies are magical. Our tree stumps are now gone.
8. The other day, I went and stopped at McDonald’s on my lunch hour for $1.00 cone. Love those things!
9. I heard my first Hershey’s Kiss holiday commercial the other day (you know, the one where they’re doing We Wish You a Merry Christmas?). Sounds like the holidays are upon us!
10. There’s somebody in my office who has been brewing French vanilla coffee every morning around the time I walk past the kitchen…and every morning, it makes me want to gag.
11. A couple of weeks ago (actually, it was Halloween night) I decided that I had to have some cheese dip and pretzels. So Jay wound up making this AMAZING beer cheese dip at like, 10pm or something crazy like that. And all I’ll say is…you must try it.
12. Would you guys believe that it’s been over 12 weeks since I last had a glass of wine? I mean, man, I really miss that stuff.
Lucky 13. It’s kind of crazy how sometimes, out of difficulties and sadness, grow joy and miracles. We’ve had a lot going on over here these past few months, but not all of it has been bad. In fact, one thing in particular has been great. And I am beyond thrilled to tell you all (as if you haven’t already picked up on it from this post or the weeks leading up to it)…
We’re expecting our second baby and couldn’t be more thrilled about it!!