I think Baby Tooth went through a growth spurt this week…what do you guys think?
Baby Tooth is just over 32 weeks today and is about the size of a squash.
The two of us made sure to enjoy some sunshine yesterday, which was much needed after two days of cold and rain.
Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:
- Baby Tooth weighs about 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, and is taking up a lot of space in the uterus (umm, yes, and everywhere else, too!).
- I should be gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to the little guy. In fact, he’ll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb.
- He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz).
- His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:
Weight gained: I should find out today at my prenatal appointment; two weeks ago I was at about 21 pounds gained.
Workouts: Not bad this week! I think I got 4 legit workouts in, as well as lots of extra walking and movement at work (it was just a busy week!). I’m just so incredibly thankful that I still have some energy and desire to keep moving!
As for the workouts, there was some Pilates, some treadmill walking intervals, and a few different cardio and strength videos off of FitnessGlo, which I’ll be blogging about soon.
I must say that I’m super psyched to still be able to fit in to a couple of new tops that Reebok sent me this month. Both the PWR Love Fit Tee (above left) and the PWR Short Sleeve V-Neck Tee (above right) are still fitting over that growing bump of mine.
- Minor low back pain and occasional hip/leg pain
- I notice myself totally sporting the “pregnant lady walk” some days. You know…the slight waddle with the hand on the low back? Yep, that’s me…usually after I get home from work and take off my high heels.
- Upper back pain that occasionally wraps around to my upper stomach – this is probably the most uncomfortable pain that I get so when it happens I try to park myself and just relax
- Always going to the bathroom…
- Shortness of breath happens much easier – especially with walking up and down stairs…and when trying to tie my shoes
Movement: Little guy is still on the move, but his movements are changing a bit. Rather than jabs and kicks, there’s been a lot of rolling and subtle movements.
Food Aversions: None, really!
Food Cravings: Still lovin’ all sorts of fruit flavored foods and desserts, flavored seltzer (NEVER used to like the stuff), toast and butter, and carbs in general. I feel like my hunger has slowed down a bit this week…I don’t feel as ravenous as I had been.
Sleep: Knock on wood, this past week was fairly decent. I’ll take it!
Stretch marks? Belly is still stretch mark free…upper thighs, however, are not. Ahh well, it’s subtle.
Miss Anything? A good sweaty workout, sleeping on my stomach, beer, regular clothes.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I can’t really think of anything all that exciting this past week?? It’s still always fun to watch Baby Tooth move and try to figure out which body parts are which.
Belly Button in or out? Still in!
Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting well.
Happy or moody most of the time: Mostly happy with only one major meltdown. On Thursday night, Jay and I were watching TV and I started thinking about how pretty soon, it’s no longer just going to be the two of us. Obviously, I know this, but I feel like maybe things are just starting to hit a little closer to home now that we’re getting closer.
Don’t get me wrong…I wouldn’t change any of this for the world, but I’m not going to be naïve and think that things aren’t going to change. They are. That’s how this new baby thing works.
Admittedly, I’ve never been great with major changes, and I usually take a little time to adjust. This is going to be no different. The whole thing is something that’s been on my mind for a while now, and I guess I just needed to get it out there and talk (err, sob) to Jay about it. It still makes me a little emotional to think about now and then, but my excitement for finally having him here far outweighs any sad emotions I might be feeling. I’m assuming this is somewhat normal? And if not, well, I guess I’m not normal then.
New Baby Items: It was quiet on the baby buying front this week…but we do have our first shower this coming Sunday and our second the following Saturday!
Looking Forward To: Our baby showers! And hopefully putting the final touches in the nursery…I feel like I’m getting close!
Question for the Moms and Moms-to-Be:
What kind of emotions did/do you feel leading up to the arrival of your little one? Happy/excited/sad/nervous?