We are officially to the halfway point! How the heck did we even get here already?!
I feel like my belly look totally odd shaped in this week’s photos?!
Maybe it’s because I hadn’t eaten dinner yet. ;)
HERE’S WHAT BABY TOOTH HAS BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK:
- Baby Tooth weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now <—actually, we found out he was about 11 ounces at 19 weeks 2 days.
- He is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby’s legs are curled up against the torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of the head to the bottom — the “crown to rump” measurement. After 20 weeks, it’s measured from head to toe.)
- He is swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.
- Baby is also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in the bowels, and will make an appearance in the first soiled diaper.
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THIS PAST WEEK:
Weight gained: At my appointment last Thursday, my doctor told me I was up about 12 pounds…which she said was right on target (I seriously LOVE the doctor I saw last week…the practice I go to has a rotation of 4 or 5, but she’s one of my favorites). She actually told me that at this point with Lucas, I had gained 16 pounds, which surprised me. Either way, it’s just a number and I feel great.
Workouts: Lots of them! I honestly can’t even begin to explain how great workouts have been feeling…not only for my body, but for my mind. I’m still doing a mix of DVD’s and YouTube videos (I’ll be sharing some of my favorites in an upcoming post), along with a few workouts I’ve pinned on my Pinterest workout boards. I also just busted out my pregnancy DVD’s the other day and started doing the Pilates one (my favorite!).
Symptoms: This week included a few:
- Some sciatica pain, which I never had with Lucas. It’s nothing major, more of an “I can feel it” sensation. It hasn’t hindered my workouts or mobility, so I’m hoping that it’ll stay that way as the baby grows.
- Super hungry, but getting full super quick.
- Emotional. I can cry at just about anything right now…including, but not limited to, commercials, Lucas giving the baby hugs, a shirt not fitting right…
- Short of breath occasionally, especially if I’m trying to walk quickly up the stairs while holding Lucas. Then again, now that I think about it, I think that’d happen whether I was pregnant or not.
Movement: Yes, although I found out at my appointment last week that my placenta is anterior this time around (in the front of my belly) so that explains why I haven’t been feeling nearly as much as I did with Lucas. The doctor said once he grows a bit more then I’ll be able to feel more, so for now, I just enjoy feeling the little wiggles every now and then.
Food Aversions: None really? Coffee is still hit or miss, and other day as I was eating eggs I had this really odd “omg these are gross” feeling (which lasted about 2 seconds and I finished them fine).
Food Cravings: Red meat, donuts (my MIL has been getting donuts with Lucas lately and there usually juuuuust so happens to be a leftover blueberry donut from DD’s…I think I had at least 3 of them last week), vanilla yogurt, peanut butter, salads, and cornbread.
Sleep: Not bad! Minus the typical need to pee like, once a night, everything else is smooth sailing for now.
Stretch marks? Nope…BUT, I do have some disgusting new spider veins on my legs. I’d always been prone to a few here or there, but I’ve suddenly gained a huge cluster of them a little below my right knee. They’re so gross…and I fully intend to look into having them lasered once I’m done bearing children. Call me vain (pshhh, pun fully intended), but they just make me feel like I’m about 80.
Miss Anything? Wine. Like, a lot. I think I miss it more this time around than the first, which I found surprising. Other than that, not too much this week.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Finding out that we’re having another BOY! I had a feeling for the past few weeks, so I wasn’t even the slightest bit surprised when the technician told us. If I’m being fully honest (and I did mention this briefly in last week’s post), there was a part of me that was a little disappointed when we found out it wasn’t a girl. Just like I would have been if it wasn’t a boy, but for different reasons. Call me terrible, call me selfish…I even debated on writing this out at all, because the last thing I want to be is judged…but I’m just being honest. It breaks my heart a little to think that I may never experience that mother-daughter bond as a mom and not the daughter.
Obviously, the important thing is a healthy baby, and so far, we’ve been granted that gift. And while I may hope for a daughter one day, the love between a mama and her boy(s) is truly something I never could have imagined. And now to be able to experience that double? My heart may explode! So please, don’t mistake this for me not being happy or not wanting another boy…we’re honestly so excited about it! And I cannot wait to see Lucas and his little brother play together. I just figured I’d share my honest thoughts on the subject since, after talking with a few friends, it seems like they could also relate.
Baby Items Purchased: Nada…and honestly, I don’t know if there are too many I really even need to go rush out and buy?! But I did grab another new pair of Motherhood Secret Fit Maternity Leggings. Love them!
Looking Forward To: Baby boy growing bigger so I can feel him more! Also trying to figure out the room and furniture situation between Lucas and his brother. Lucas’s crib is a convertible, buuuuuut, it’s not like he’s sleeping in it anyways. Plus, I can’t envision my tiny 2-1/2 year old in a full sized bed! So we may wind up getting Lucas a twin bed, and then letting the baby use his crib. We even have an extra dresser which will match, so we should be good to go! The only thing I can’t figure out is the rocking chair…I still love rocking with Lucas at night! But I can’t see justifying having two rocking chairs?? Hmmm…