Time for another bumpdate!
Much to my disbelief, baby is just over 33 weeks today and is about the size of a pineapple.
And I will say I made a conscious effort to not wear a black shirt this time, because I feel like I’ve worn black in almost all of my updates with this pregnancy?!
Oh, and just for fun, here’s a little comparison from 33 weeks with Lucas!
HERE’S WHAT BABY HAS BEEN UP TO THIS WEEK:
- Baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark.
- He’s rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening.
- The bones in his skull aren’t fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don’t entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THIS PAST WEEK:
Weight gained: I always write these posts out a day or two before my appointments, so I’m not sure! I think at my last appointment I had gained around 25 pounds, which was a couple pounds more than I had been with Lucas at this point. I blame the donuts.
Workouts: Things are starting to slow down a bit, my friends. I’ve sort of given up on early morning workouts in favor of sleep, which I need more of these days. I’ve done a few workouts in the evenings and on lunch hours (typically only 20-25 mins long), and it’s still a mix of barre and strength training at this point.
- Very sore/uncomfortable in the groin/pelvic region. I remember having some slight discomfort with Lucas, but this bothers me every day and gets increasingly more uncomfortable as the days go on
- Braxton Hicks contractions on and off
- Shortness of breath
- Occasional heartburn if I forget my medicine
- Very tired legs
Movement: All day, every day! <3
Food Aversions: Not too many that I can think of??
Food Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary; donuts, lemonade, mayo, cereal, salads…I think I’m sort of boring in this department!
Sleep: Not terrible, but also not too easy getting comfortable. I’m more than ready to be able to start sleeping on my stomach and back again!
Stretch marks? Nada, still just the veins.
Miss Anything? All of the usuals; being able to complete a regular workout without feeling winded/totally out of shape, sleeping on my stomach, regular clothes, and wine and beer (now that it’s getting warmer).
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I’m so lame – I feel like I haven’t had anything good to put for this question in like, the past three updates?!
Belly Button in or out? Popping out a bit now!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! These past two weeks have been SO much better on the emotional train wreck front. Lucas has been a lot more intrigued by the baby, which I think in turn helps me with the feelings of guilt I’d been experiencing. As nervous as I am about life with two kids, the excitement has been overtaking the nerves a bit more lately, which has been a pleasant change.
New Baby Items: This is actually something I started to have a slight freak out moment about over the weekend. Because we’re having another boy, I figured there really isn’t much that we need. Clothes are set (same season and everything!), and we’ve got furniture, car seat, swing, and all that jazz. But then I started thinking maybe there are things I’m totally forgetting/missing?!? Like new bottles/nipples? Breastfeeding supplies?
I’ve already stocked up quite a bit on newborn and size 1 diapers, but I feel like there are things I’m totally forgetting. SO, moms of multiples, is there anything else I need to think about getting for baby #2?!?!?
Looking Forward To: My appointment tomorrow in hopes that I’ll be able to convince her that I need another ultrasound sometime soon so that I can see our baby boy again. <3
Question for the Moms and Moms-to-Be:
- When did you start to “really feel pregnant?”
- What did you buy for baby #2 that you didn’t already have (or needed to update) from baby #1?