Good news, my friends.
I get to share the recipe with you sooner than later!
I will warn you that this recipe definitely makes a TON of pasta, so be prepared to either a) be hungry, b) have dinner guests, c) eat it for days, or d) try freezing some.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing all of the above.
Cheesy Crab & Shrimp Shells
Prep & Cook Time: ~20 minutes total
Yield: 6 (1-1/2 cup) servings
- 1 box whole wheat medium shells
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow light cream cheese spread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots, cooked according to package
- 8 ounces cooked salad shrimp
- 8 ounces chopped crab meat
1. Cook the Hodgson Mill whole wheat medium shells according to directions on package. Drain and place back in their pot.
2. While the pasta cooks, whisk together milk, chicken broth, and cornstarch and a small bowl and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and celery and continue to cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add peas and carrots and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in the milk mixture until blended and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses and Old Bay seasoning. Add shrimp and crab meat and stir to heat through, about 2-3 minutes. Add cooked shells and toss until coated.
5. Serve immediately or allow to chill and serve as a cool pasta dish. Enjoy!
*The last I checked, my recipe still wasn’t up on the Hodgson Mill pinterest board, but as soon as it is, I’d LOVE to have your votes!