Soft cookies laced with smooth caramel and chunky chocolate candy pieces…yummm.
Oh yes, how would you feel if I told you could take all the flavor and deliciousness of these…
and make them into these???
Have I gotten your attention yet? If so, go ahead and keep reading. ;)
The first thing you’re gonna need to do is mix together your sugars,
then mix in your melted butter, vanilla, & eggs until light and smooth.
Now, the first and most important step in achieving that delicious caramel-apple flavor is to take care of the caramel:
You’ll need to unwrap about 10 caramels, mix in 1 tbsp of milk,
and toss ‘em in the microwave until they get nice and melted.
Let your caramel cool for about 10 minutes or so, before adding it into your batter.
Don’t worry…take some of those 10 minutes to work on dicing up your apples.
Then gently fold them into your batter. By now, you’re probably going to be tempted to start licking the batter off your spoon/bowl/hands…it’s ok, go ahead. Nobody will judge. ;)
Next, go ahead and add all your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, & salt.
Alright, now let’s think…
So what’s missing?……
I did tell you that these babies were going to include some leftover Halloween candy, didn’t I? ;)
And because you can never have enough chocolate, feel free to add some extra chips…I promise you won’t regret it.
Before you know it, after a little “lovin’ in the oven,” you’re going to wind up with some amazing goodies. :)
I can’t even begin to tell you how how soft, moist, and chewy these cookies are! I credit the extra addition of caramel into the batter.
If you ever wondered what a chocolate-caramel apple would taste like in cookie form, then wonder no more…because these cookies are IT!
Hubby and I have already made a pretty hefty dent into this batch. I think it’s time to start giving some away now because these guys are trouble…in every good way possible. ;)
Chocolate-Caramel Apple Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored, & diced
- 6 fun-size caramel & nougat candy bars (I used 3 Snickers & 3 Milky Way), chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
4. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, heat your unwrapped caramels & milk until smooth and creamy, about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Check the caramel every 30-40 seconds and stir. Allow caramel to cool for about 10 minutes, then add to cookie batter.
5. Fold in your diced apples, followed by the sifted dry ingredients until just blended.
4. Stir in the chopped candy bars and chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough with a cookie scoop onto the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. ENJOY!