Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Frosting – almond buttercream, to be exact. Check out the recipe below!
Of COURSE I had to go green…gotta represent my Jets!!
These are so simple to make, yet so amazingly delicious! It’s just a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, cooked inside a mini muffin tin.
Then you hollow out the centers just a bit before cooking to make room for the frosting. Mmmmm…nothing beats homemade frosting, am I right??
Instead of making a regular vanilla buttercream, I did my favorite switch-a-roo and substituted to make almond buttercream. If you’ve never tried it, please do. It will change your life.
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are filled with a decadent almond buttercream frosting. Two bites, and you're in heaven!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Almond Buttercream Frosting (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Mix in flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray mini-muffin tins thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray. Fill muffin cups with about 2 tbsp dough, slightly hollowing out the center. Bake cookies 7-9 minutes, or until lightly golden (do not overbake!)
- Transfer cookies to wire racks. Let cool completely, then fill with frosting, using a pastry bag or sandwich bag with the corner tip cut off.
For the Almond Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2-3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2-3 tbsp milk
Cream together butter and sugar. Add almond extract and 1 tbsp. milk. Continue to add milk until your desired consistency is achieved.
After making a good amount of the cookie cups, I still had some dough leftover, so I got a little creative…
Remember those cookies you saw last night? Well they aren’t just any chocolate chip cookie…
They’re candy-bar-filled chocolate chip cookies!
Specifically, Milky-Way filled chocolate chip cookies. After seeing the idea over on Picky Palate’s site, I became a little obsessed.
It’s a good thing I only made 8 of these cookies…since there’s only 2 left!
It’s almost GAME TIME…we’ll be heading out shortly to go back over to my parents’ house for the big Jets Game. Hopefully it’s as good as last week!!!