These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes are forever a favorite of mine. They may take a little extra time to prep, but they are WELL worth every minute!
Combining the idea of a cookie and a cupcake into one really just is the best of both worlds, isn’t it? Especially when you take a delicious cupcake and fill it with cookie DOUGH. Now that, my friends, is what I call heaven.
And then, you top it off with some homemade vanilla buttercream and it’s a full out party. These are cupcakes that I don’t make often, but when I do…they’re the hit of the party!
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Yields 24 regular cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. There are no other words needed, are there?
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- I box yellow cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs (or egg 3/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 6 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp milk
- To make the cupcakes, prepare as directed on the cake mix box. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-22 minutes (or whatever the box mix tells you) until lightly golden. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the cookie dough filling, combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla until combined and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate until the mixture is firm, about an hour.
- To fill the cupcakes, cut a cone-shaped portion out of the center of each cupcake. Fill each hole with a chunk of the chilled cookie dough mixture.
- To make the frosting, cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and 1 tbsp. milk. Continue to add milk until your desired consistency is achieved. (I ended up using almost 3 tbsp).
- Frost the filled cupcakes, and decorate with mini chocolate chips and mini cookie dough balls (I used whatever was left over and I still had a lot left) for decoration. ENJOY!