I’ve told you all before about how I get a little leery when it comes to cooking and preparing seafood in our house. Granted, I’ve gotten better about it, but it still sort of makes me nervous – which I know sounds so silly to say. Why would anyone get nervous about cooking food?
I also think there’s a part of me that has always kind of viewed seafood as sort of a fancier option for meals. Sure, chicken, beef and pork are great. But salmon? That’s some fancy pants stuff (do I have you guys convinced I’m crazy yet?).
Lucky for me, I’m slowly working past these roadblocks, and I owe a huge thanks to Bumble Bee and their SuperFresh® Premium Fresh Frozen line.
First things first…I want you guys to know that I’ve tried other frozen fish varieties in the past and I was NOT a fan. Jay and I actually threw out an entire bag of frozen tilapia fillets once because they were just gross. So when I first heard about the line from Bumble Bee, I’ll admit I was a bit skeptical. But I continued to read more about them and became intrigued…
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a new premium brand in the Premium Frozen Seafood category that delivers a restaurant quality seafood experience that is raising the bar for what people can expect from frozen food.
- All of their seafood is cleaned, cut and fresh-frozen within hours, then chef-prepared with all-natural ingredients.
- All entrees contain a label listing relatively few, but familiar and easy to pronounce ingredients. Plus, they have no preservatives and are gluten free.
- All Bumble Bee SuperFresh® seafood is sourced from wild fisheries or aquaculture farms that have earned official certification from strict third party organizations such as Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP), Global GAP (GAP), and the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC).
- All of their seafood goes from freezer to table in 20 minutes or less (AMAZING!).
So I immediately went out to my local grocery store and picked up a few entrees.
SuperFresh Premium Fresh Frozen seafood is available in seven varieties:
- Tilapia with Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil – SRP $8.99
- Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs – SRP $8.99
- Lemon Shrimp with Garlic & Herbs – SRP $9.99
- Spicy Shrimp Romesco – SRP $9.99
- Salmon with Garden Pesto SRP $9.99
- Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper & Extra Virgin Olive Oil – SRP $9.99
- Petite Scallops with White Wine & Garlic-Herb Butter – SRP $10.99
Knowing what Jay and I usually prefer for seafood, I picked up the two varieties of tilapia, the lemon shrimp, and the salmon with garden pesto.
Side Note – I’m still on the lookout for the scallops. My store didn’t have them when I went shopping!
Although we haven’t yet had the chance to try all 4 of them, the ones we have had totally impressed us. And I’m not exaggerating even a little.
The first entrée we tried was the Tilapia with Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
I think part of the reason I’m loving these entrees is because they’re just so. darn. easy. to make. Their fish fillets come with their own baking parchment paper pouch, so you just unwrap from the sealed packaging, place in the parchment paper, toss them on a baking sheet, and bake them up in the oven. No mess, no fishy smell…nothing!
Once they’re done, simply take them our of the parchment and you’re ready to eat.
Jay and I were able to put our weeknight dinner together in less than half an hour, which is right up my alley.
The tilapia had great flavor and, honestly (I’m serious), you’d never have guessed it was previously frozen.
The second entrée I tried was the Salmon with Garden Pesto and ohhh myyyy…
It paired perfectly on top of a salad for me, but I can only imagine how delicious it would be for a nice, romantic dinner…and actually, Bumble Bee offers a bunch of different menu suggestions and side dishes on their website and on their Pinterest site, too.
Jay and I are actually planning on trying the Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper, and Herbs next, and we may just have to follow their menu suggestions because they sound super delish…
Overall, I am seriously impressed with the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Premium Fresh Frozen line and can totally foresee us buying these in the future. I mean, for the price, it’s almost identical to buying fresh, but the ease and flavor of these totally wins, in my book. Plus, then I don’t have to get all weird about worrying how long fresh fish has been sitting in the fridge (I always want to use it immediately, which isn’t always easy to do).
If any of you are looking for some new dinner ideas for a date night in, or perhaps even for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner in (that’s how we roll) I would absolutely recommend these. (They even offer wine pairings on their site for each of their entrees, too!)
Thanks again, Bumble Bee, for helping me realize that cooking fish at home doesn’t have to be scary.
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Bumble Bee SuperFresh.