Oooooo, baby. Do I have a recipe for you today!
For the past few months, ever since I had it back in October, I’ve had a strong desire to create some sort of pumpkin cream sauce. While I knew it’d probably never be as good as the one I had, I still needed to try my hand at it…and last night was the night.
One of the best things about it is that it’s actually fairly healthy; and if you pair it with some spaghetti squash and extra vegetables, then you’ve got an even healthier dish at your fingertips…err, your fork tines? Last night, I paired a big bowl of spaghetti squash with some steamed broccoli and a sliced chicken sausage, then tossed it all together with lots of pumpkin cream sauce and some fresh Parmesan cheese.
The result? Incredible!
I had no idea how much the recipe would make, but I thought for sure I’d have enough for leftovers today. Well, it turns out that we were apparently hungrier than I expected, because the two of us finished off the entire batch of pumpkin sauce ourselves. Whoops.
So I don’t know. Maybe you could get more than two servings of it? But then again, I wouldn’t have had any less in my bowl, so I’ll probably just double it next time. ;)
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 of an onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- sprinkle sage, thyme, or marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil, onion, and garlic in large saucepot over medium heat. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, spices, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir occasionally.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and allow to cook an additional 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta, spaghetti squash, or anything else you’d like. Enjoy!
As if you haven’t already seen enough pictures of this dish…what’s one more? ;)
That’s how much I love this stuff. I cannot WAIT to make it again!
Heyyy, happy FRIDAY everyone! I have a suuuuuper busy day ahead of me at work but I’m so looking forward to the weekend. Here’s to hoping 5:00pm comes mighty quick today. ;)