I’m sure most of you probably have your eyes peeled for a recipe after reading that post title.
Don’t worry, I promise it’s down below here. Just a couple quick things to share first.
Like today’s lunch. Another incredible wrap happened today, thanks to…
- A whole wheat, low-carb LaTortilla Factory wrap
- lots of avocado
- fresh spinach
- leftover roasted tomatoes (which I just realized I never even shared with you from Monday)
- provolone cheese
- turkey bacon
It was one of those days where it was exactly what I was looking for. Gotta love that!
I finished up the rest of my bag of baby carrots with some hummus at lunch today…good news, there was only one dud out of the seven that were left.
Why I ever decided to leave seven baby carrots in the bag is beyond me.
Now, what I’m sure many of you are looking for…cookieeeeeeeees.
Well over a year ago, a friend of mine sent over a recipe that he found from somewhere for pumpkin cookies. I’d kept it in my email inbox all this time, and just never got around to making them until yesterday.
I know, I’m as shocked as you are.
I didn’t follow everything in the recipe, but I did use it as a great guide to create my own little variation. Rather than making the maple glaze that it called for, I decided that they’d be even better with a generous spread of my Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Plus a few extra sprinkles, of course.
The cookies come out super soft and are actually even more like a puffy cake than a cookie. But, you know…they were baked on a cookie sheet, so they’re still cookies in my book.
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Soft and pillowy pumpkin cake cookies are studded with mini chocolate chips and frosted with my favorite Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I used Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (I made 1/2 a batch and it was plenty, see below)
- Sprinkles or other fall decorations, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (or spray with nonstick cooking spray).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add one egg at a time, mixing thoroughly after each until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, yogurt, and vanilla; blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just moistened. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonsfuls (or use a small cookie scoop) onto prepared baking sheets, 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 10-15 minutes of until firm to the touch.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks and allow to cool completely. Spread prepared frosting over each cookie and decorate as desired. Enjoy!
Recipe for Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Happy Friday, friends! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.