You know what? I have so many different, random things to share with you guys about my day today, that there’s really no way that I’ll be able to make it all flow together and make any sort of sense.
So you know what that means…it’s tangent time! It’s been a while, but we are on to:
Full of Tangents, Take 7!
Okay, so here we go!
- Cody sat on the couch for the entire morning, right up until the morning sunlight that comes through our front window went away. I think it’s so funny how he can go from looking adorable and playful…
to old, wise, and mad, within seconds.
- After taking yesterday off from exercise, I jumped right back into it today and got myself a great workout. 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill (20 seconds @ 9.0mph / 40 seconds @ 6.0mph), some nice upper body work, courtesy of the Tone It Up Lean Arms workout below, all followed up with some planks, bridges, and prone cobras. Gotta work that core!
- Whenever I don’t think I’m going to be photographing a meal, I put extremely little effort into making it look good. I didn’t think I’d end up taking a picture of today’s salad, which really just looks like one big ‘ol party. Mixed veggie salad + tuna fish = awesome.
- I can’t get enough protein this week. I love it. I want it all day long. And because of this, I ended up making myself a protein shake right after this morning’s workout that tasted exactly like a vanilla milkshake. I’m not kidding. And I was so excited about it that I had to text Jay and tell him…
The secret? I added in 4 drops of vanilla stevia. WHY have I not thought of this sooner? 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (creaminess) + 1 scoop vanilla SunWarrior + vanilla stevia. It was amazing.
- I had to make a pit stop at the grocery store this morning, resulting in a couple fun purchases. Ever since a quick discussion with Talia in the comments section of yesterday’s post, I’ve been thinking about Cara Cara oranges, so I was super excited to have found a bag. I’m sure I’ll be trying one tomorrow, if not later tonight.
- I also had another rare sighting while walking down the baking aisle today…Cinnamon Chips were stocked on the shelves! My mom has been looking for these for months, so I made sure to pick her up a couple bags.
Of course, I picked up a bag for myself, too…I’m thinking a batch of Cinnamon Chip Scones may be in order soon???
- I have a short evening shift at work tonight, but I’m hoping it goes by FAST because I’ve got a very special dinner waiting for me in the crockpot this evening…
Finally. I’m going to get my stuffed peppers (yes, from a crockpot, no less! You can find my recipe inspiration HERE on Corey’s blog).
- And last, but not least, the winner of my Four-Course Valentine’s Day Dinner has been chosen! To see if you’re the winner, head on over to the original post to find out. And also, don’t forget that you can still print out your coupon for some complimentary champagne or dessert by clicking HERE.
Alright, I think that’s all I’ve got for tonight. Now it’s YOUR turn…
What tangents do you have on this Thursday evening?