1. The past couple of evenings have brought us a new sort of bedtime routine that I’m kinda, sorta diggin’. We do tubs/showers for the boys, brush teeth, put on jammies, then all crawl into bed and watch whatever is left from the night’s episode of Wheel of Fortune.
I love it because everyone is actually calm and still, and I get to catch the end of one of my favorite shows EVER. I’m telling you, it is a life goal of mine to wind up on Wheel of Fortune!!
2. You guys want to know one of the things that drives me absolutely bonkers? When I get an idea, such as putting together a gallery wall in our bedroom…I go out, get all of the frames I envisioned, order the prints, fill the frames…and then here they still sit on our bedroom floor.
ONE WHOLE YEAR LATER. Ughhh. How in the world does the time pass so quick?
3. Did you guys hear the news?? Beautycounter officially launched their men’s line this week!! Welcome, Counterman!
Counterman is a line of safer, results-driven skin care designed specifically for men. The line features 8 products, which can be purchased individually, as a full collection, or as a part of our Shave Regimen or Beard Regimen. I’ve had Jay testing it out since for about a month now, since it was launched as a pre-sale to consultants, and he’s become a big fan (to the point where he asked when we could get more…you got it, babe!).
Even better? Those regimens are priced at a 10% savings PLUS you still qualify for a FREE gift (choose from our Overnight Resurfacing Peel – Deluxe Travel Size, Cleansing Balm – Deluxe Travel Size, or No. 3 Balancing Charcoal Facial Mask – Deluxe Travel Size) when you purchase one today through January 24th!!
4. Despite the fact that it’s been freezing cold, I’ve been really into the Trader Joe’s cold brew concentrate mixed with some dark chocolate almond milk.
It’s a yummy little afternoon pick-me-up.
5. Speaking of cold…
If you need to find me, I’ll be hibernating underneath a nice, cozy blanket in front of the fireplace for the next week. Oh wait, just kidding… #momlife : -)
6. I have become such a huge fan of American Eagle’s jeggings, that a couple of my current pairs have been getting to the point of needing replacing. So thanks to a recent sale, coupons, and a gift card from Christmas, I ordered myself a few new pairs to try out this week.
I ordered a mix of jeggings + skinny jeans, and maybe it’s just because I’m so used to jeggings at this point, but I feel like the bottoms of the skinny jeans just look…awkward? Too bulky? I do, however, love the idea and feel of a pair of jeans that are a little looser than jeggings are, so I’m likely keeping a pair because they’re super comfy.
7. Show of hands…how many of you have been doing some reorganizing, decluttering, or “Marie Kondo”ing? I’ll admit, I’m not super into the whole KonMari craze right now (while I love the look of the nicely folded shirts and whatnot, it’s not gonna last over here…), but I am all about clearing out the crap. So I’ve been trying to tackle little areas at a time when I can. The latest? Our cabinet filled with random glasses and all of the boys’ cups/plates/etc.
Is it bad that this is my “after” picture? If you had seen my “before,” then I think we’d all agree this is most definitely an improvement.
8. So I’m gonna admit…I have loooong been someone who always feels more confident with more makeup on. Over the years, I’ve gone through phases of what types and shades of makeup I wear (ohhh, high school and your purple eyeshadow + silver/glitter eyeliner…), but I still typically have a full face of makeup for work.
Maybe it’s because I’m just getting old and lazy, but my desire to put on a full face of makeup everyday for work is totally dwindling. So I’ve been trying out a bit more of a “natural” look this week, by lightening up the eyeshadow and ditching the eyeliner, and I think it’s starting to grow on me. Or maybe I’m just getting used to it. Either way, I can see this sticking for an everyday look.
Here’s what I’m wearing…
Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation in Sand // Color Define Brow Pencil in Medium // Radiant All Over Bronzer in Dune // Satin Powder Blush in Melon // Brûlée layered with Flush from the Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Romantic // CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara in Very Black // Make Up Forever Ultra HD Concealer in Y33
Alright friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3