1. Well geez, it’s been a hot minute, huh? I think between the holiday on Monday, having a few busy evenings, and having some sick kiddos in the house this week, this is the first chance I’ve really had to sit down at the computer and blog! Thankfully, Lucas is on the mend and back to school, and Alex is just about there, too. Ahhh, winter germs.
2. So let’s start with what I likely would have included from over the weekend! Besides the fact that some of us spent nearly 3 days straight in pajamas, on the couch, watching a crap ton of Disney+ movies…
3. I will tell you that this Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread is BANANAS.
And I mean that in a totally good way! Wow, I’m obsessed! And lucky for me, nobody else in the house wants to try it (seriously?!) so it’s all mine.
4. Ohh, and for those of you who have been asking about how Cody is doing lately? Let me tell ya a little somethin….he’s been a real jerk.
Because he recently decided that the one landing on our basement stairs was suitable enough to be a makeshift litter box. SO GROSS. And for those of you out there who know just how bad cat pee smells, not ONLY did we need to rip up the carpet and pad, but Jay also had to go as far as replacing the sub floor.
5. So yeah, Cody. We see you. You’re lucky you’re still cute.
And of course we still love ya. You better just hope we can still get a replacement piece of that carpeting!
6. Alex got to have his first experience at a pottery painting birthday party over the weekend (Lucas had to miss it since he was sick, unfortunately) for his buddy, Kellan.
Can I just tell you HOW hard it was to not try and take over while he was just swiping and swirling his paintbrush through all five paint colors at the same time??
7. Got myself a fresh new bottle of my favorite PHLUR perfume!
I let go of my old standby perfumes after learning about just how toxic fragrance is, and had been so disappointed to not have a little bit of a scent to play with now and then. So PHLUR has been an amazing alternative for me, and I love the fact that they don’t use parabens, phthalates, or sulfates in their ingredients. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend giving a sampler pack a try; you can choose any 3 scents (my 2 favorites are Ameline and Hanami) and then you can apply the $18 spent towards the purchase of a full bottle. If you want an extra $5 off your sample pack, you can use my referral code here!!
8. It’s always a great day when I get to spend a little QT with my gal, Sarah! <3
(Old pic, since we never took one last night!)
The two of us got together last night for a drink before heading over to see our friend Erica put on an incredible performance in her show, 9 to 5. She is just SO talented!
It made for a bit of a late night for weeknight (especially for this tired mama who has had sick kiddos waking up multiple times at night all week…) but totally worth it.
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today. Go have yourselves a great weekend, and I’m hoping I’ll be back a bit more next week! <3