1. Well, it’s been quite a week! Despite having a couple of posts up this week, I feel like I haven’t really been able to “talk” to you guys! We wound up dealing with a stomach bug in the house last Sunday (our poor Alex), followed up with a nasty, week-long cold for me.
So most of my extra energy has been spent resting and sleeping. Gotta love winter!
2. Going along with that whole mention of the stomach bug up there, I’m curious about something. As you guys likely know by now, I’m all about trying to incorporate more natural, non-toxic products into our home, including cleaning products. I love my Thieves all-purpose cleaner and use it every. single. day….but when a stomach bug hits the house? All bets are off, and I’m willing to use whatever products needed to help get rid of those germs. Is that terrible?! I was recently introduced to these wipes, which we bought off Amazon, because apparently, they’re one of the only ones that will actually claim to kill the norovirus germs…
So we were wiping down all. the. things. with the wipes, and then I was cleaning with my Thieves on top of that. I suppose one might say we’re nuts, I don’t know…but we do not mess around with those germs!
3. Despite what’s mentioned above, I’ve also been rolling and diffusing all the oils to try and get rid of all the germs. My love for Young Living’s R.C. runs deep (I diffuse it and I also made a rollerball for myself using that, Thieves, and Lavender applied to bottoms of feet and chest), and their Eucalyptus Globulus is another one that I love adding to a hot shower. The boys also still get their rollerballs every night, too. If you’ve never looked into Young Living’s Starter Kits, they really are incredible. I highly recommend checking them out!
4. Last weekend, my parents started clearing out one of the bedrooms in their house to make a new playroom for the boys. This meant that almost all of the extra toys they’ve had stashed in the attic made their way down…including all of our old Lego sets. I was SO excited to come across some of them I’d forgotten all about!
Did anyone else have these sets growing up??
5. In an attempt to declutter just like Meg has been telling us all to do, I made it my mission to re-organize one of our linen closets this past week. Despite it not being very large, I was SHOCKED to see just how much stuff I was able to take out of it that we never use. Seriously, what in the world?!
We were able to donate a good portion of it, too, so that felt extra nice to not only get it out of the house, but hope that someone else will be able to use some of it.
6. This cold of mine put workouts on the back burner for the majority of the week, but I must say, I am SO excited to start putting together our dedicated workout space down in the basement.
It’s not a large space, by any means, but it’s nice to have all of the extra equipment out of the boys’ playroom. We purchased some large, heavy-duty exercise mats, along with this dumbbell rack (which I’ve been DYING to get, and it’s perfect), and Jay is planning to put some sheet rock on the walls so we can add a TV above the treadmill and a mirror. Woo Hoo!
7. Are any of you still in this midst of watching Christmas movies (or reading all. the. Christmas. books.)? My children are still totally obsessed with watching The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix, and I’m fairly certain I’m getting pretty close to being able to recite the entire movie. Like, it’s getting close to my expertise on Ace Ventura, Pet Detective.
8. I got an awesome package in the mail a couple of weeks ago from General Mills with the ingredients to make these cute little football themed treat bars (using Chex) and my GOODNESS, they are addicting.
9. This little devil…looks like he was playing with the boys’ play mat during the middle of the night.
And man, I’ve gotta say…our Cody is really just THE best. He puts up with so much crap from the boys, and doesn’t get nearly enough (wanted) attention as he should. We love our Codeman!
10. Last, I’ll end with this lovely little message that I received from Lucas earlier this week…
You can read my thoughts about it on my latest Instagram post. ; )
Alright friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3