1. All of our snow may be pretty much melted at this point (thanks to some warmer weather earlier this week), but we certainly did have a great time playing out in it last weekend!
Lucas was SO proud of his little snowman, which he proceeded to name “Frosty.”
I’ll admit, we had fun in the snow….but I’m still counting down my days until spring! ; )
2. Tomorrow is Lucas’s half birthday! Some of you may think I’m crazy, but some of you may also remember how crazy I used to get about celebrating birthdays for myself, including my own half birthday (!!). I told Lucas I would make him half of a birthday cake and we’ll probably plan to do something special with him tomorrow. Crazy…4-1/2 already!
3. Alex had another follow up appointment this week with the orthopedic doctor, and thankfully, everything appears to be looking like it’s still on the mend.
We’re not out of the woods yet, since we have MORE follow up appointments next week with infectious disease…so for now, we’re continuing with antibiotics and keeping our fingers crossed that next week will be our last of the six weeks.
4. Jay and I have a night out tonight, thanks to his company’s annual party, and I’m definitely looking forward to getting out for just a few hours. I quickly ran to Target and grabbed this dress to wear, so hopefully it’ll work…
5. I posted about this on Instagram the other night, so you may have already seen it, but I have seriously become obsessed with Emily Ley; most specifically, her book, A Simplified Life.
I’d first heard about her from a friend of mine (hey, Meg!), and then saw a few fellow bloggers into it, too. So I grabbed a copy, and I will say that I am 100% ON BOARD with her plans for clearing the clutter. For a quick breakdown, here are some details on what the book entails:
In A Simplified Life, you’ll find Emily’s strategies, systems, and methods for permanently clearing the clutter, organizing your priorities, and living intentionally in 10 key areas—from your home and meal planning, to style and finances, parenting, faith life, and more. Emily will show you how to truly make the most of your days with realistic, achievable, and tactical tools.
It may take me a while to actually find the time to execute the ideas, but I am super excited about it! Have you read it at all??
6. I need to go ahead and give a HUGE shout out to Kate from The Small Things Blog. If you guys aren’t following her for all things beauty/hair/makeup, then you need to get on that ASAP. This girl has THE most amazing hair (her recent video tutorial about how to blow dry your hair and the one on how to use flat iron your hair for a soft voluminized look were fabulous). I just want her to come over and style it for me every morning…not so much to ask, right?
7. So this past week was the first week in a long time where I actually the time to do a little Sunday meal prep and planning. I made crockpot steel cut oats for breakfast, grilled chicken salads for lunch, and a few tasty dinners, including…
- Lasagna Soup (made in the crockpot on low, adding in the noodles and heavy cream about 30-40 minutes before serving)
- BBQ Beef Stuffed Potatoes (SO good, so easy!)
- A couple of Blue Apron meals (details coming next week)
- Better Than Takeout Chicken Fried Rice (cooked the chicken in the crockpot ahead of time in a teriyaki marinade so it was ready to go)
Let’s see if I can keep the momentum going for next week now!
Alright friends, I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead! <3