1. Thank you all so much for the kind words on my last couple of posts explaining our whole situation with Alex. I’m fairly certain I’ve aged about 5 years in just this past year alone, but we’re incredibly thankful for how everything went and the fact that he acts as if nothing ever happened (except when you try giving him medicine at 1am or need to change his socks and he sees his toe!).
2. Amongst the chaos of everything, Jay and I actually celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary this past Tuesday! Aren’t these flowers from Jay beautiful!? <3
We didn’t do anything fancy, just enjoyed an evening at home with the boys and then celebrated with some pink bubbly and dinner in the Instant Pot once they were in bed.
3. I need to give a HUGE shout out to Google Photos. I believe it was our cousins Brian & Mal (??) who told us to start using it, but it seriously is the COOLEST app. Not only does it help sync all of your photos on your phone and make it easier for them to share, but it also has an Assistant feature which will occasionally put together hilarious GIFs, photo collages, and even little videos. One just came up for me earlier this week with a compilation of videos of Lucas from a newborn all the way through new, all set to music, and it had my totally crying at my desk at work. It’s a really cool app!
4. Speaking of Lucas…he wound up getting a TON of games for Christmas this year. Easily over 10 of them. He’s suuuuuper into games lately (which is both great and frustrating, since the kid is quite competitive…) and we all got a good chuckle over this game that my brother ended up getting him. It’s just like Don’t Break the Ice (for anyone who remembers that one??) and Lucas loves it…but can anyone else spot all of the errors???
How it made it through production is quite intriguing!
5. I need to give a quick update with Usborne! Have I mentioned yet that we have just launched our BIGGEST release of new titles EVER? I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am about the newest books (I’m expecting my deliver tomorrow!), and I’ve updated my page with a few of the titles (everything from monster trucks, to unicorns, to amazing women in history!).
To celebrate, I’m holding a very special Mystery Hostess party THIS Sunday (8:30pm EST), where one lucky person is going to win ALL of the hostess rewards (which are DOUBLE this month!). AKA, we could be talking hundreds in FREE and 1/2 price books!!! If you’d like to participate in the party, you need to be a member of my VIP Facebook group!
If you are already a member and want to join in, leave a comment below! If you aren’t yet a member, you can request to join here, and I’ll approve you and add you to the event! I promise, you do not want to miss it!!!
6. For anyone else who deals with picky eaters or the inevitable chaos of dinner time with toddlers/kiddos, I LOVED reading this post from Lindsey. This is an area that Jay and I are constantly testing and re-evaluating to determine what really is the best approach. I really loved her take on so much of it, and I’m thinking of implementing many of those ideas soon. What type of approach do YOU guys take to family meal time/eating the same meals/etc.?
7. I have to tell you how obsessed I am with my new Joie Ajax Booties!! I purchased them at the beginning of December and I just looooove them.
8. Did I really publish FOUR blog posts this week? Who am I?! ; )
9. I legit haven’t worked out in a good month. And I’m so far off the wagon that I don’t even feel that huge desire to jump back in. I know once I get started and into a groove again that that feeling will be back, but you all know that the getting started again part is the toughest! Anyone else struggling??
10. Soooo, in case you need to find me at all for the next three days, I’ll be huddled up inside our house, thanks to our -15 to -40 degree weather we’re getting…
Only 74 more days until spring!! Not that I’m counting or anything.
Okay I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful week ahead! <3