1. I was lucky enough to have some fun with this sweet boy on his field trip to the apple orchard earlier this week!
The field trip was actually at the same apple orchard we visited a couple of weekends ago, which also happens to be the same field trip I went on with Lucas three years ago(!). And while Alex wanted no part of the hayride the first time, he was alllll about it this time.
And now, we’ve got even more apples to add to our stash…looks like I better start doing some more baking!
2. So I’ve been a fan of Panera for a LONG time now. They have some of my favorite salads and soups, and they really are a quick and convenient option for when we need something a couple steps above fast food. HOWEVER…does anyone else feel like they are getting ridiculously overpriced, along with dwindling portions?
I had to run out and grab lunch during the week and wound up ordering one of Panera’s new warm grain bowls (this was the Baja Chicken one).
Don’t get me wrong, it actually tasted totally delicious. BUT, that bowl was suuuuuper tiny, probably only had like, 5 pieces of chicken in it, and the thing cost $11!! I don’t know, maybe I’m cheap? But I feel like I’ve been ripped off the past few times I’ve ordered from there, which is frustrating!
3. Homemade pizza…doesn’t get much better, does it??
We cooked these babies up during the week, thanks to a great week bundle we ordered from Gorsky’s Farm. We’ve ordered from them a few times now (you can see more details in this older post!), but their pizza kit is probably one of my favorites, followed closely by their BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese. For anyone who’s local, I highly recommend giving them a try!
4. Speaking of giving something a try…
I’m giving these new (to me) Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies a shot! My friend Ashley gave me the heads up on ’em, and I loved the idea of being able to reap the benefits of taking ACV without actually having to down a shot of it (tried it in the past, wanted to vom…). I know it’s supposed to help with digestion, heartburn (my nemesis), and a slew of other things, so I’m excited to see how they work out. I’ll keep you updated!
5. Does anyone else have what feels like 100 plastic firefighter hats floating around their house right now? Fire Prevention Week was in full force here, and between preschool, school, daycare, and Home Depot, I think we’re set on plastic hats for a while now!
6. Guess how many Rubik’s Cubes are on the wall…!
I honestly have no idea, but it’s got to be a lot! We have this cool feature wall at my office, and Lucas had some fun with them earlier this week when he came into the office with me while school was closed for the day.
I’m cutting things short here today, my friends! I wish you all a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3