1. Do you need a good coffee cake recipe to make for an upcoming breakfast/brunch/potluck? Well go do yourselves a favor and make this Apple Cinnamon Roll Cake.
I made it earlier in the week for a little brunch we had at work (to celebrate Bosses Day!) and it was a huge hit with everyone. The only changes I made were: 3/4 cup of butter instead of 1 cup for the cinnamon topping, and I cut the glaze recipe in half, which was still plenty.
Along with the rest of brunch, it was quite the delicious meal!
2. The cooler fall weather is tooootally starting to mess with my desire for hot coffee vs iced coffee. I always drink my mug of hot coffee at home in the morning (even in the summer), but I’ll still occasionally grab another iced coffee from Dunkin on my way to work.
But this past week, with the chillier temps, I’m starting to get the itch for my hot coffees from Starbucks. Which I, absolutely, do not need. But I suppose we all have our (bad) habits, right? What’s yours? ; )
3. OMG I had one of THE best workout classes earlier this week at anatomie. My arms were so spent that by the time we did our pushups burner at the end, they gave out on me three different times because they were just pure jello.
Definitely one of my favorite classes!
4. I’m about a week behind with “life” stuff (besides our little chat on Wednesday), and I think I neglected to share that I went a little shorter with my hair!
I felt like it needed a little more style or something to it, so I went and saw my mom last weekend, and she cut in some more long layers with more of a lob look, and I’m loving it. She’s the best <3
5. Update on the Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies…
I love them so far!! They actually taste really good, and dare I say…I’ve actually noticed a slight (SLIGHT!) decrease in my need for desserts at night. Unheard of. I’ve only been taking them for about a week so I’m not going to make any grand claims about them just yet, but I will tell you that so far, they get two big thumbs up from me!
6. Have you guys seen that Beautycounter launched their Holiday Collection? There are some beauties in that bunch, and some really incredible gift ideas!!
Here are a few of my favorites from the collection…
- Starlight Eyeshadow Palette: I’m totally a shadow girl, and these shades are AWESOME for creating a gorgeous, smokey eye, or even just an everyday look. I wear my BC shadows everyday!
- Rosewood Lip Trio: This one is DEFINITELY worth mentioning because that gloss has been a huge hit in the past (it’s in my top 2 favorite shades, along with Twig). They created a Sheer and Color Intense to go along with it, and it truly is universally flattering on all skin tones.
- Counter+ Skin Care Favorites: Includes the brand new Lotus Glow Cleansing Stick and three other high performance treatments. This new stick is a hybrid of our best selling Cleansing Balm and Countertime Cleansing Oil. It moisturizes and brightens the skin and is perfect for travel!! Set also includes the best selling Overnight Resurfacing Peel, Charcoal Mask and Allure’s Best of Beauty winning Brightening Oil. ($89 – This is STEAL of a deal for these 4 products!! The peel alone is $63!)
- Hand Cream Trio: Hand cream is like chapstick, you need a tube everywhere! The 3 scents include: Fresh Petal, Mandarin Violet and Soft Neroli. I purchased a couple of these sets last year and split them up to add with teacher gifts – it was perfect!
- Body Butter Trio: Totally worth mentioning, since this set includes three butters with the same scents as the hand creams. Pair a hand cream and butter together for a fun gift set, maybe throw in a gift card to a favorite coffee chop, and you’re good to go!
7. Okay, how ADORABLE are these little astronaut costumes??
The boys were invited to a birthday party for one of their neighborhood buddies last weekend, and Ashley got all of the kids the astronaut costumes as their “favors,” basically earning her the award for best party favors ever.
Alright friends, I’m out for today! Happy FRIDAY to you, and go have yourselves an awesome weekend – catch ya soon <3