1. You know what’s pretty cool? Getting to watch your kiddo running in the same pumpkin race at the same school you went to a gazillion years ago.
The pumpkin race is an annual race at the school, which has clearly been going on for 25+ years (ugh, that’s painful to think about!) and they always make a really big deal out of it for the kids. It’s so cute, and everyone who participates walks away with a pumpkin. Despite it being a super chilly day, Lucas did amazing and managed to snag first place for the boys in his class.
Considering the kid is basically always running, I can’t say I’m surprised he did so well! ; )
If only they’d somehow make the bags with automatic portion control so you can’t eat the whole thing in like, two sittings…
3. Why do I feel like this isn’t the last time I will see Alex lounging on the couch like this?
For some reason, he’s very into being “nakey” these days, and I’m seeing visions of this about 15 years into the future, ha!
4. Shop One, Share One for a great cause!!! First of all, Beautycounter’s holiday sets are now live for everyone, so if you haven’t checked them out, what are you waiting for?! I want every. single. one! But one of those sets is the Glow & Go Mini Oils set, which is amazing. This holiday season, Beautycounter is continuing their partnership with UCLA:, Beautycounter will donate one set to a patient undergoing cancer treatment at UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (Beautycounter will match the first 4,000 sets purchased!). You guys, this is a brand doing SO. MUCH. GOOD!
If you’ve never tried our facial oils before, or are thinking why the heck do I need or even want them…trust me, YOU DO. They are a serious game changer in your daily routine and are so easy to incorporate. Apply just a few drops alone or mixed in with your daily moisturizer.
The mini set not only lets you try all three to see what’s your favorite, but it’s also an amazing gift idea. Check them out! And, as always, feel free to email me (sweetoothcourtney at gmail dot com) or leave a comment with any questions you might have – I not only love helping, but this new venture has seriously been such a freakin’ amazing opportunity and I love sharing!! <3
5. I think everyone probably has that one song (or, okay, maybe a handful) that immediately pumps you up and makes you want to blast the radio and sing along as loud as you can. Well, this is my song.
Any time it comes on, I feel like I’m back in high school or college and screaming with excitement the same way we all used to when we’d be out dancing at the club and that one jam comes on and you lose your mind. You know what I’m talking about! (even if that sentence is super poorly worded…)
6. Does anyone else get targeted with some super enticing Facebook ads?? My feed has been getting ads for the Tyme Iron Pro, and every time I watch the video, it always looks super amazing and makes me feel like I need one ASAP. So talk to me…anyone else use one? Love it/hate it? I’m thinking maybe there will be some good holiday deals/sales coming up??
7. I had my first experience with having to get two suspicious moles removed earlier this week. While the dermatologist didn’t seem to think there was anything of major concern, there’s still something about waiting for those biopsy results that really is super unsettling. So here’s your friendly PSA to remember to make that annual appointment with a dermatologist for a skin check. I had it on my “to do” list for way too long before finally taking the time to make the appointment and go.
8. If you aren’t already following Lenny Lemons on Instagram, you’re missing out.
Without fail, I wind up laughing out loud almost every time I see their Instagram stories. They’re usually so spot on!
Alright friends, I’m off for today. I hope you all fave a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3