1. Whew, what a week! Happy Friday! Happy OCTOBER!!
2. The week totally got away from me, in part due to the fact that I was actually away in Norwalk, CT for work on Monday and Tuesday. We had a team building event, which also included a night out at the Maritime Aquarium. So, you know, hanging out with my colleagues, sharks, fish, jellyfish…
It was fun!
3. A night away also meant I had a hotel room. To myself. Which also meant…no fighting about brushing teeth, no breaking up arguments, no being woken up in the middle of the night to be told someone needs to use the bathroom…
Not gonna lie. It was great. BUT, I was more than ready to come home and see my babes afterward <3
4. Since it’s been a week since I last got on here, I haven’t been able to fill you all in on our obligatory, fall outing to go apple picking!
We went out last Sunday, and lucked out with some of the best apple picking weather. Sunny, a nice breeze, and temps in the mid-60s. Perrrr-fection.
The boys both had a great time picking out their apples, walking the orchard, and feeding the goats.
And, of course, snacking on their cider and donuts. I mean, that’s always my favorite.
5. And the day was going SO well, that we also met up with a few neighbors and ventured over to Huck Finn’s Playland!
We still have a few left, so we may have to try and go back once more for a few more rides before they close for the season on Columbus Day. I’m sure they won’t complain about it.
6. I was so excited to see that the Beautiful Boards cookbook I pre-ordered arrived in the mail this week!!
Do you guys follow Maegan/thebakermama on Instagram yet? If not, you NEED TO. Her blog is another one of my favorites, too. She makes some of the best stuff, and her boards recently have left me wanting to become super fun and creative like she is. Sooo, here’s hoping this cookbook inspires me to do some cool stuff.
7. We made some of our favorite carnitas for dinner last night, and they are probably now in my top 5 favorite dinners of all time. Plus, I’m falling more in love my Instant Pot every time I use it. Now I just need some more good recipes for it. Got any good ones to share??
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3