1. Uncle Dan came to visit us last night!
Unfortunately when he arrived, Lucas was expecting Jay so my brother didn’t get the warmest of welcomes from Mr. Lucas. But he won him over eventually and we all had some fun together.
2. I am so bad at changing my contacts and razor blades at the right time. I am a repeated offender of wearing my contacts until they’re noticeably too blurry to keep using and I’ll use my razor blades until they wind up feeling like they’re ripping the skin off of my legs. I really need to get my ish together, I know. Especially with the contacts…yikes.
3. My poor baby took quite a spill earlier this week while he was at daycare and ended up bruising/scraping his face.
I know this is only just the beginning, and I’m trying to prepare myself to be the strong mama this active, rambunctious little guy is going to need…but man.
4. iHerb.com is having a special offer between now and October 31st – 10% off all orders over $40. And, of course, you can use my discount code SAZ564 to get yourself some great deals! I just ended up ordering some of this Mild by Nature for Baby Tear Free Shampoo and Body Wash for Lucas after seeing some amazing reviews.
The child has some sensitive skin just like his mama, so I’m hoping this will work well for him. I’ll let you guys know how it is once we try it out a bit!
5. So I had an interesting appointment at my allergist yesterday. I met with a new doctor who basically told me that he thinks the food allergies I tested positive for were actually false positives. Makes sense, considering I still eat most of them and I don’t get any reactions whatsoever. Now if we could just get my environmental allergies under control…UGH. Hopefully all of this immunotherapy I’ve been doing is helping!
6. I’ve suddenly found myself in a bit of a plaid/flannel phase. I ended up buying this shirt from Old Navy on the last day of their Stuff & Save event, and now I’ve currently got my eye on this one and this one from Target. There’s just something so cozy and relaxed about a cute flannel, skinny jeans or leggings (if the shirt is long enough…no bum showing for this girl), boots and a scarf.
6-1/2. So while we’re at it, I want to know…what’s your take on puffy vests? Cute/worth the investment? Or a waste? I’m still on the fence, because I like the look of an outfit paired with one, but at the same time, if I want to get warmer, I’m usually just going to put on a full jacket with sleeves…
7. I’m getting closer and closer to finally getting my hair done. I’ve been eyeballing a few different looks and colors, and I’m currently loving this look/color…
As for the cut, I think it’s about time to add a front angle back in, along with some long layers. I’ve also been toying with the idea of some side swept bangs, but I just don’t know if I can take the plunge. Anytime I go down that road, I always regret it…yet, I still can’t get them off of my mind!
8. Heard some awesome news around these parts yesterday…we’re going to be getting a Nordstrom Rack! Granted, it’s not coming until fall of 2015, but I’ll be ready.
— Courtney Horan (@SweetToothCourt) October 15, 2014
9. I know I mentioned it last week too, but I am seriously loving me some PiYo these days. I’ve found that I’m just not quite as interested in the T25 at the moment, and just cannot get enough of the intense-in-a-totally-different-way burn that PiYo is giving. My legs and shoulders have not felt like this in a LONG time. I. Love. It.
10. Yesterday, I used up the last of my apples from our trip to the orchard to make my absolute favorite apple crisp.
I only made half of a batch, based on the number of apples I had left, but it did not disappoint, as usual.
11. Earlier this week, I took the time to descale my Keurig. I’d already been planning on it, thanks to some friendly, yet gross reminders of just how dirty they can get but then the notification came on the machine so we knew it was time.
I followed the directions on this post and it was super easy, but it does require a few hours. So I’d say if you own a Keurig, haven’t cleaned it in a while (or in forever, like my case), and are gonna be home for a bit this weekend, go ahead and give it a cleaning. And while you’re at it, look into some Stainless Steel Refillable K-Cups. We totally love ours.
12. I will leave you all with this fun fact for today…Lucas has mastered the art of the frown.
This kid. I’ll tell ya, he is quite the character! He’ll be laughing and smiling then, all of a sudden, he breaks out the frown. Comes from nowhere, but it gets us laughing every single time. And everyone in my family agrees that we know where he gets it from…
Yep, that’s his mama.
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing!