1. I can’t believe we’re already in October. I don’t know, maybe I say this every month, but I feel like September flew by in the blink of an eye. And then on top of that, the weather has dropped like 20 degrees over the past couple of days and whew, it is chilly. I love me some fall, but I don’t think I was quite prepared for temps in the 40s at night! Brrrr.
2. The other night, I had cereal for dinner and I’m telling you, it was probably my favorite dinner all week.
Sometimes, a cereal combo (Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Mini Frosted Shredded Wheat + bananas + almond milk) just really hits the spot, no matter what time of day it is.
3. Did you guys check out my post on Instagram earlier this week? Umm……
If somebody finds these in the store, please TELL ME ASAP. Not all of the new Oreo flavors have been sounding too appealing lately, but these? NEED to get my hands on them.
4. I came across this post earlier in the week: 8 Things You Need to Know About Millennial Moms and I just loved it. Super interesting read.
5. For the past few weeks, I’ve really been getting back into using my Young Living essential oils. I had my starter kit packed up for the summer while we were moving, and I didn’t realize just how much I’d missed them!
I recently purchased R.C. (Respiratory & Congestion), which is supposed to be amazing for colds, and I’m so glad that I did. Lucas started with a cough and runny nose out of nowhere earlier this week, so I cut the R.C. with some coconut oil and mixed it with a couple other oils, and have been rubbing it into his chest, back, and feet. I’ve also been diffusing the R.C. in his room at night before bed and, believe it or not, he woke up the next morning cough free and has been great since.
I’ve had my eye on the KidScents Oil Collection, but unfortunately it’s out of stock right now. I still have a lot to learn about the oils, but I’m really excited about them. If you’ve ever considered trying out Young Living oils for yourself, now is a great time. I really can’t say enough good things about them!
6. I came across this amazing post a couple of days ago – definitely worth a read and a GREAT reminder!
7. One of my favorite things about working from home on Wednesdays? Being able to make a legit breakfast.
Kodiak Cakes, for the win!
8. So funny enough, the evening that I posted about Lucas’s “wonderful” eating habits? He wound up eating two turkey hot dogs for dinner AND actually tried cucumbers again. AND even ate 3 sticks of them.
I considered that a major victory! And last night, I used a mini star cookie cutter to cut him stars out of thick-sliced natural turkey I got from the deli and he went for that, too. But the child has barely eaten a lunch in like, 3 days, so don’t think we’re making huge strides over here or anything. Baby steps.
9. I have been loving the fact that so many of my favorite shows are back on TV! If you’re ever looking for me on a Wednesday, you’ll likely find me watching shows on ABC from about 8-11pm. Gahhh, I’m so bad. But seriously…Nashville?!?! Loooooove.
10. This has been quite a week. On top of things being incredibly hectic at work, things at home have been just as busy and tough. I want to thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers for our family, and I promise I’m really not trying to be super annoying and vague. We got some pretty surprising news that we’re all still dealing with, so once the dust settles and things have calmed down a bit, I’m sure I’ll be able to share more. I thank you all so incredibly much.
Alright my friends, I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3