1. We have been finding LOTS of woolly bears around our house lately, and the boys (Lucas especially) get so excited. I’m actually pretty certain that Lucas thinks it’s the same one every time we see one and that he lives at our home.
2. In case you missed my Instagram story yesterday, you can see them both trying to love on one. ; )
3. For the first time in probably months, I planned out a weekly meal plan and we actually stuck to the ENTIRE thing. Such a crazy concept these days (considering I used to share our meal plans on a weekly basis around here!). And I’ve actually gotten so out of the habit of taking photos of our dinner that I captured NONE of the recipes, BUT, they did include…
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake (<—AMAZING and so easy, too!)
- Chicken, Bacon, Cheddar Panini Sandwiches
- One Pot Chicken Spaghetti (<—Very good, but we want to try and make a few changes to it next time, like less cream cheese and more tomatoes)
- Beef & Bean Taco Casserole (<—Delicious, and great for lunch leftovers, too!)
I’d totally recommend any of them, in case you’re looking for some quick weeknight dinner ideas!
4. OH, and I also need to share these Sargento Sweet Balanced Breaks that I picked up on a whim last weekend. They’re great for a little mid-afternoon snack.
5. Aaaaaand, in keeping with the food theme, we got a surprise delivery this week…
Ummmm, all I’ll say is RUN, don’t walk, and go grab a box of these for yourself. I totally want to use them to make THESE COOKIES, too. Soooo good!!
6. These two have been battling some runny noses and coughs this week (hello, back in school!), but for the most part, they’ve still been in good spirits. Plus, the beautiful weather we’ve been having these past few days has definitely helped with everyone being able to get out of the house a bit.
7. I never officially mentioned it here on the blog (although I did in my weekly newsletter!), but a few weeks ago I put together a book drive to raise money to donate brand new books to our local children’s hospital. One of the really great things about Usborne, when doing something such as a book drive, is that they will match all sales by 50%!! So by raising $1575 through our book drive, I was actually able to order over $2300 in brand NEW books for Albany Medical Center’s Children’s Hospital.
The books just arrived yesterday, so as you may have seen in my Instagram stories, I put Jay to work last night on helping me go through and organize the books to deliver. Eeeeek, I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how excited I am to deliver these books to the hospital next week! I’ve made it a goal to be able to really give back this fall/holiday season and this was a great start. <3
FYI: If YOU have an organization that is near and dear to your heart that YOU would like to try and earn books for, please email me! I’d love to talk more with you and help you give back <3
8. Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment and enter my little giveaway earlier this week! I absolutely loved reading through each and every one of your comments, and many of them even managed to make me a little teary-eyed (ohhhh, motherhood!). Congrats to our lucky winner, Jessica!
Congrats, Jessica! Be sure to email me (sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com) so we can get you your prizes!
9. Today I’m headed to a pumpkin patch with Lucas for another fun preschool field trip, so I’m excited about that…and then we have a fun weekend with friends on tap after that, so it should be a fun few days ahead!
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3