1. Ohh, you guys. I am TIRED. So tired. We’ve had a couple of rough nights of sleep over here with this smiley guy and it has officially caught up to me.
I think I really need to start taking advantage of this whole “sleep when the baby sleeps” thing that people talk about. Does it ever really work??
2. This is totally random, but does anyone ever go to put dishes away in their kitchen cabinets and wonder how in the world they stay up there with all that weight in them? Our dishes are freakin’ heavy! (I warned you it was random…).
3. I made the most delicious salad earlier this week (with a side of leftover quesadilla!) – spinach, chicken, carrots, strawberries, and avocado with balsamic vinaigrette. It had been quite a while since I made a salad but mmmmmm, it was GOOD.
4. My mother-in-law brought over a fresh baked apple pie earlier this week. Ummm, HECK YES!
Apple pie is one of those desserts that I never really choose first, but when I have it, it’s just so good.
5. I started drafting this post up about 2-1/2 hours ago and this is how far I’ve gotten. #distracted
6. Get this…I actually had time to paint my nails this week. Victory!!
7. Yesterday Lucas had a Halloween parade at his preschool where the kids were, obviously, supposed to be dressed up in their Halloween costumes. Well, guess who was the only kiddo in his class who refused to put on his costume…
Yep, that’d be my little one. He sure does like to beat to his own drum…but hey, he sure is happy doing his thang.
Rock on, little dude. You’re cooler than Marshall from Paw Patrol anyway.
8. As I was sitting typing up this post, Jay and I discovered a tick on Cody’s head. SO GROSS. It was in there pretty good so Jay had to run out and bring him to the vet to get rid of it. Thankfully, it was FREE (which is huge compared to the last time he had to go to the vet…). But now I’m just super grossed out about the tick…blech.
9. So you guys know how much I’m loving working with Usborne Books, and I have to tell you about an AMAZING party that I’m throwing next Thursday, November 3rd. It’s a Mystery Hostess party, which means that one lucky shopper from the party will end up winning ALL of the hostess rewards earned.
It could easily wind up being $100s in FREE books! And all you have to do to get entered is make a purchase from the party! If you want to check it out, here’s the event page – I’ll be running it from my STSL Facebook page! The more the merrier, so feel free to share with friends and family, too. It’s a great time to shop for holiday gifts!
10. Once again, we have very minimal plans this weekend, but I’m okay with it. And I’m also hoping that I get to sleep a little – fingers crossed.
Okay guys, for real, it’s time for bed. Let’s just hope Alex stays asleep at least for a little while…!I I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!