1. I had the most amazing sub for lunch yesterday. I ran out of time to pack a lunch at home, and was too lazy to drive home at lunch, so I hit up a local deli right around the corner from where I work and ordered a small chicken salad sub.
I tend to try to avoid mayo-based salads when I’m out, just because I know they’re likely terrible for me (which is why they’re so friggin’ delicious) but I made an exception this time and it was WELL worth it!
2. So, I have to know…have any of you out there tried this dinner?
I picked it up at the beginning of the week from Target for a quick, easy dinner (aka, I had nothing at home and didn’t really feel like cooking) and we had it that night. Holy CRAP, my mouth was on fire. Seriously…the only way I could even come close to finishing my piece was if I covered it in sour cream and diced tomatoes. We both said it was too spicy to even save leftovers…yikes!
3. Another good quote from the desktop calendar this week…
4. Did anyone else take advantage of the 40% off all boots at Target yesterday with their Cartwheel app? I picked up myself a pair of these riding boots in gray for myself, along with a pair of winter boots for Lucas. And then, because they were buy one, get one 50% off, I got him a couple pairs of jammies, too.
5. Soooo, last night I went to a cheesecake tasting party with my mom.
And to say I left there STUFFED would be an understatement. Trying 8 different kinds of cheesecakes is no easy task!
But I mean, seriously, how amazing is that?? If there’s anyone local who is interested, let me know! They were INCREDIBLE, and the girl is selling them for Thanksgiving!
6. I am seriously obsessed with this thickening mousse from Living Proof. I just ordered a full bottle, after finishing up the sample I received a while back. It works really, really well!
7. I will say, Monday cannot come soon enough. I finally booked an appointment for an eye exam, since my contacts have been driving me crazy for at least the past month. I’m pretty positive my prescription has changed, so anytime I wear them, I’ve been getting major headaches. No good, no good. As much as I don’t mind glasses, I’m ready for a break from them.
8. Fun fact: Jay couldn’t believe I actually used the selfie stick to take that picture above last week. He laughed at me and was like, you seriously used it?? Yes babe, yes I did.
9. Coworkers with candy = trouble.
10. This weekend could get very interesting. Starting tonight, we’re planning on an attempt to take Lucas’s paci away. I am not prepared for this whatsoever, and I have no idea how he’ll react, but I’m going to assume it’s not going to be good. I’ve heard different strategies on how to do this (i.e., say you’re giving it away to another baby, have him help you throw it away, etc.) but I just don’t know. I guess we’re gonna wing it?! Needless to say, there will be a fresh bottle of wine on standby tonight.
Alright my friends, that’s all I’ve got for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful Halloween weekend ahead. Stay safe out there and have fun!
P.S. – The winner of the Target gift card giveaway was chosen yesterday and was emailed directly – congrats, Kaitlyn!