1. These two. Alex is definitely at the point where he lights up the moment he hears or sees Lucas. And Lucas is definitely becoming a bit more interested in his little brother (who is quickly becoming much less blob-like) and loves giving him his toys, laying with him, and showing him his books. They just make my heart melt.
2. I had so much fun being able to go with Lucas on his first-ever field trip through preschool this week.
We went to a local farm/barn where we got to see and pet baby ducks, go on a hayride, pick apples (even though there weren’t very many to choose from…bad crop this year, boo), and finish up with fresh cider and cider donuts. It was all so cute!
3. And seriously…WHEN did my baby get so big??
4. Now that all of the regular shows are back on this fall, I feel like our DVR is always FULL. Apparently we like our TV over here?! Our favorites lately are all of the Chicago shows (PD, Med, and Fire starts next week!), The Blacklist, New Girl, and American Horror Story (although we’ve only seen one episode so far it’s much better than last season!). What shows are you guys into???
5. Earlier this week a baked a loaf of Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Banana Bread and it has been rocking my breakfasts. Warmed up and topped with a little butter? Mmm mmmmm.
6. I’ve also been totally into hot coffee again (I’d been drinking iced since at least…April?) and I’ve even been finding myself brewing an extra cup in the afternoons (which I never, ever do). It just tastes SO good to me right now. Then again, maybe the salted caramel mocha creamer I add to it that has something to do with it?
7. For those of you with iPhones…tell me you’ve updated to the latest version? And then tell me you’ve been just as obsessed as I have with texting with gifs. Ohhhh my…I’ve been finding myself in tears almost every night over conversations with friends.
Don’t kill me, Sarah.
8. We had a full house last night with both of my parents and Jay’s mom over! Alex was so tuckered out after a day of not napping too well at daycare (typical) that he fell asleep right with his nannan. It worked out perfectly because it actually let me have more than 5 minutes to eat my dinner!
9. Sooooo, when your favorite ice cream EVER is on sale for a week, you make sure to stock up.
10. My freezer needs to be organized. It’s horrible.
11. I also tell myself just about every week that *this is the week* I should probably stop eating huge bowls of ice cream every night. But clearly, I’m just not there yet.
12. Yesterday was a SUPER exciting today…I got all of my hostess rewards books in the mail from my Usborne Books party. And yes, I earned ALL of these just for hosting and having an awesome Facebook party!
So if any of you are interested, I’m telling you…they’re amazing. And now is a GREAT time to host because a) holiday shopping is right around the corner, and b) I have some incredible incentives to offer hostesses for the months of October and November ONLY. So if you’re interested in growing your kiddos’ library and earning some free books for yourself, leave me a comment or shoot me an email (sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com). I absolutely love holding Facebook parties (I have 6 coming up between Saturday and Thursday this week!) and would love to party with you!
Alright my friends, I’m outta here for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3