1. Sometimes, quality time with your girlfriends can absolutely make your day. Am I right??
And when it’s mixed with Mexican food and margaritas? Even better. This was my evening last night and it was just fabulous.
We also had the sweetest waitress!
For the locals…you MUST check out La Fiesta in Colonie. Delicious food and great service.
2. The other day I realized, woah okay, we’re in October. Time to put up some of the Halloween decorations! I’m so excited to finally have a mantle to be able to decorate.
P.S. – the banner, Halloween sign, and glass candle holders all came from the $1-3 bins at Target!
3. I was so excited to see these wide-leg cropped trousers at Old Navy. I swear I used to have like 2-3 pairs just like them back in the day when I was teaching, and I assumed they went out of style? Whether they are or not, I’ve definitely gotta get my hands on a pair…no need to worry about lengths being too short!
4. Oh, and speaking of Old Navy? Their website totally has me wanting to place an order. Between this relaxed top, this relaxed tank (perfect for layering!), and this plaid flannel shirt, my wallet could be in trouble.
5. I got the coolest surprise in the mail recently from SHAPE Magazine.
They sent me their “Blogger Fit Box,” which came complete with a new pair of Brooks shoes, a jump rope, magazine, t-shirt, notepad, and some new Essie nail polish.
I’m thinking I may need to try this polish out this weekend.
6. Zulily has been doing a number on me lately – they’ve had such adorable stuff for Lucas! I got him a new pair of “work” boots and a new pair of winter boots this week, and now I’m also considering getting him a new quilt set on there, too.
7. I picked these up the other day on a whim, thinking they’d be a yummy dessert snack and, well, I quickly discovered why they were on clearance.
Holy crap, they were disgusting. It takes a lot for me to throw food away but they went straight to the trash after the first bite. Blech.
8. It’s starting to look a lot like
9. I have been waiting for weeks…no, more like months…for these counter stools to come back in stock. I’ve chatted with Target twice and they’ve been able to tell me that they will come back, but they can’t tell me when. Gahhh! Their advice was to just keep checking back to the site, so I’ve been doing just that…at least 3-5x/day. Hurry, stools!
10. On Wednesday night, I made one of the quickest, easiest dinners and it was so good!
Just cut up about 3 chicken breasts, 3 red potatoes, and some green beans (I did a bag and a half of frozen green beans, heated in the mirco for 2 mins). Layer them in the pan, then top with pats of butter (the recipe I followed called for a full stick but I think I’d probably only do ½ or 2/3 next time). Sprinkle a packet of Italian dressing seasoning , some Parmesan cheese (I didn’t measure), and some salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about an hour and you’re done. That’s it!
I put it together in about 5 minutes and then all I had to do was let it bake…I need to find more recipes like this!!
11. I came across this post yesterday on the STSL Facebook page (thanks, Melissa!) and it completely and totally resonated with me. Such great points, and definitely worth a read if you’ve got a picky eating toddler on your hands: I Did Everything “Right” and My Toddler Is Still a Picky Eater
Alright my friends, I’m outta here for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3
P.S. – I’m also going to have an update later this afternoon on Lucas’s “adventures” in eating, so stay tuned!