1. It’s been a fun and busy week over here! One of those highlights included a little mid-week double date night with our good friends, Kanika and Shaheen, over at black & blue steak and crab.
Neither Jay or I had ever been, but we’d heard some really great things about it and were excited to give it a try.
2. We got there a few minutes before our friends, so we grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered a round of drinks.
I have been allll about the Chardonnay lately. <3
3. I always love a good steak, and the filet at this place was so seriously delicious.
4. And, of course, finally getting out for the double date night you’ve been trying to plan for months is certainly reason enough to celebrate and get dessert. Molten chocolate lava cake?! Yes, please!
5. We also enjoyed an evening over with a couple of our neighbors earlier in the week, too!
The adults had chili up on the menu, so I said I would be happy to bring along some cornbread (because basically every meal should include cornbread).
6. And I even had Lucas’s help. Believe it or not, I bought the boys this Melissa & Doug Baking Set LAST Christmas, and this week was pretty much the first time it was ever used. I can’t even believe it?!
But Lucas loved being able to have all of his own cooking supplies and was so proud of his work when he was done (I had him measure out everything like I was, but a third of the original recipe). Hopefully I’ll have a more consistent cooking buddy now!
7. You guys, you’ll never believe it. I had to go into Target twice this week, and not once did I buy another canister of Rudolph’s Mix. I even walked right past it.
I don’t even know who I am anymore…
8. Speaking of Target, I seriously have a crazy obsession with all of their coffee mugs.
I already own like, three of them, and I look at them every single time I’m in the store and have to talk myself out of buying another one. I mean, really, how many coffee mugs does one need?! I will say, though, I totally love this one.
9. Every year, we have the most amazing Thanksgiving Potluck at work, which just so happened to be yesterday! And, as always, the spread of food was incredible.
I believe I heard that there were 10 fried turkeys this year, and my goodness, that is just THE best turkey.
Of course, you can’t have a Thanksgiving meal without dessert…
Let’s just say, I did not leave that meal hungry. ; )
10. Black Friday is only one week away! Beautycounter is going to be announcing their special deals soon, and word on the street is they are going to be GOOD!! If you want to be the first to be in the know, make sure you’re subscribed to my Beautycounter Newsletter and also a member of my Facebook group!
I’ll be dropping all of the details there first, and will also be offering a few other specials of my own. Make sure to join me so you don’t miss out!
11. Ohhh, my sweet boys. I love these moments when they’re all doing their thing and actually NOT needing me. I know that might sound strange, and I know there will come a day where I’ll be eating those words…but sometimes, it really just is nice to be able to sit back, watch and listen.
Especially when they’re reading all about “What is Poop?” : )
Alright my friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3