1. Things have gone from mild, still seeing neighbors out in the street after school/work, to dark, cold, and snowy REAL fast.
As much as I try to psych myself out for it, I have the hardest time adjusting to the whole “it’s dark at 4:50pm” thing. Is it too early to start my spring countdown if it’s not technically even winter yet?
2. The one positive thing that comes out of the early darkness? Back to early(ish) bedtimes for the boys. Bedtimes had gotten closer to 8:30 during the summer, which is fine because…summer. But I’m always in favor of earlier bedtimes, so now we’re back to shooting for 7:15-7:30pm bedtimes and it makes such a difference!
3. I totally feel like I’m back in junior high this week, since I’ve been sporting…you ready for this…press on nails this week!
I went out to dinner with my friend Heather last week, and when I told her I loved her nails, she told me that she’s been using these imPRESS Nails from Target for forever. I figured, for less than $10, it was worth a shot! Putting them on was super easy, and so far, they’ve stayed on great. The only issue I have is that my hair can easily get stuck underneath them, which is kind of annoying. So while I don’t know if they’re something I’d wear all the time, I will 100% keep them in mind for if/when I have a special event or something like that!
4. I have a new obsession, and I must tell you about it.
Meet my new PowerXL AirFryer Pro. The company generously sent me one to review, and my goodness, she is a thing of beauty. I’ve already used it at least 5 times since receiving it late last week, and I can’t wait to keep trying all. the. things. It made THE most delicious roasted potatoes, and they totally tasted like they’d been fried the way you get ’em at a restaurant.
5. It also made some pretty stellar chicken wings, which we thoroughly enjoyed on Sunday along with some other snacks and brews with a couple of our favorite cousins.
A Jets win, cousins for the boys to play with, and time to catch up with adults? An all-around win!
6. I’ve been back on a kick with AP 24 toothpaste. Have you guys ever tried it? I used it about a year ago (and, actually, I don’t thing I ever even blogged about it?!) but I can totally see a difference in how white my teeth get when I use it.
I order mine from the sweet Madeline (whose site is linked above!) but if you ever have any questions about the toothpaste, you can absolutely give her a shout! Catch her on Instagram, or shoot her an email at email@example.com. She’s super helpful and knowledgeable about the products!
7. Get this. So I run to Target the other day to grab a couple of things, and while I’m there, it’s basically sort of required that I go casually check out the Wondershop snack mixes. And as I start to approach the shelves, I’m like, ummm wait a second…is this a joke?!
See that bare shelf there? RUDOLPH’S MIX. That’s where my Rudolph’s Mix is supposed to be. Buuuttt apparently everyone else now knows how good it is! The GOOD news is that I managed to find ONE lone jar of it on a different end cap in a different part of the store. So all is right in the world now.
8. FYI! FYI! Beautycounter’s Black Friday Sale is starting TODAY!!!
- Receive 15% off your purchase!
- Clients, BOB Members, and Consultants will also receive FREE shipping on all orders over $50 USD/$65 CAD!!
All Collections and Regimens are excluded along with Get the Look and Flawless in Five (these are already discounted). HOLIDAY SETS ARE INCLUDED!! Here are a few of my favorites from the collection…
- Starlight Eyeshadow Palette: I’m totally a shadow girl, and these shades are AWESOME for creating a gorgeous, smokey eye, or even just an everyday look. I wear my BC shadows everyday!
- Rosewood Lip Trio: This one is DEFINITELY worth mentioning because that gloss has been a huge hit in the past (it’s in my top 2 favorite shades, along with Twig). They created a Sheer and Color Intense to go along with it, and it truly is universally flattering on all skin tones.
- Counter+ Skin Care Favorites: Includes the brand new Lotus Glow Cleansing Stick and three other high performance treatments. This new stick is a hybrid of our best selling Cleansing Balm and Countertime Cleansing Oil. It moisturizes and brightens the skin and is perfect for travel!! Set also includes the best selling Overnight Resurfacing Peel, Charcoal Mask and Allure’s Best of Beauty winning Brightening Oil. ($89 – This is STEAL of a deal for these 4 products!! The peel alone is $63!)
- Hand Cream Trio: Hand cream is like chapstick, you need a tube everywhere! The 3 scents include: Fresh Petal, Mandarin Violet and Soft Neroli. I purchased a couple of these sets last year and split them up to add with teacher gifts – it was perfect!
- Body Butter Trio: Totally worth mentioning, since this set includes three butters with the same scents as the hand creams. Pair a hand cream and butter together for a fun gift set, maybe throw in a gift card to a favorite coffee chop, and you’re good to go!
Plus. . .
Clients and Members who shop the Clean Friday Promo will receive a special bounce back offer in December! I’ll edit this post as soon as I have more details!
If you’re not already a Band of Beauty Member, now is THE perfect time to sign up. If you plan to shop more than once, this is a must!! BOB is our perks program with no strings attached! With an annual cost of $29 you receive:
- FREE Overnight Resurfacing Peel ($63 value!!!) with any purchase over $50 (<– this ALONE is reason enough to join!)
- FREE Shipping all year on all orders over $100
- 10% back in Product Credit on every order
ADD IT TO YOUR BAG HERE! And if you DO…shoot me an email. I may have a little something to thank you for it… ; )
Okay friends, I’m outta here! Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3