1. Last day of November…whew! I can’t even believe it, talk about a FAST month!
2. Although it’s already almost melted, we got hit with another round of some of the white stuff earlier this week and, my goodness, it was pretty.
3. Every year when it comes time to break out all of the Christmas decorations, I inevitably forget about this one mug that I always use during the holiday season. I don’t know why, but it’s probably one of my favorite mugs and it’s always such a fun surprise when I wind up unpacking it again each year.
4. Did anyone score any awesome Cyber Monday deals this week?? I’m kicking myself because I KNEW I needed to get a couple new pairs of jeggings from American Eagle (which were 50% off!!) and I just never got around to purchasing them. But I did get a new sweater from Target (I LOVE these, plus 30% off this week!) and a few more Christmas gifts.
5. I was SO excited to have a little “me” day this week. A couple of times a year, I like to try and take the day off from work, book a massage, and just do whatever else sounds fun for the day. I’d been trying to plan this, literally, since August, and I finally managed to make it happen! First up was a trip to the spa for a massage and a facial (thanks to some gift cards I’ve been holding onto since last December…yikes!).
The bad news is that my massage was a total bust. The masseuse was so nice, but it was just not a good deep tissue massage. Womp womp. But the good news was that my facial was great, and the esthetician even said that my skin was “amazing.” So that sort of made my day.
6. After I finished up at the spa, I made a trip over to Trader Joe’s, which I haven’t been to in well over a year (HOW?).
Every time I go to Trader Joe’s, I always wind up buying more “goodies” than anything else, because they just have so many fun and yummy things! Cookie Butter being one of them…
But honestly, the one thing I’ve been waiting to get my hands on was their Everything but the Bagel seasoning. And, lucky for me, I just so happen to have some ripe avocados so I totally foresee some avocado toast happening later today with this <3
I also grabbed a bag of this Cowboy Bark, which was alright (had a major sweet tooth craving at the time!).
Along with a few bags of this Cauliflower Gnocchi because, I swear, every time I hop on Instagram, somebody is raving about it…but I had SO many people tell me it’s gross!
Word on the street is to NOT cook it according the package instructions, but to let it thaw and then pan fry it. Sooo, I’m gonna give it a shot this weekend and we’ll see how it goes!
7. As part of one of Lucas’s homework assignments for the month of November (they get a full calendar at the beginning of the month so we can finish things at our own pace, love it!), he had to do a random act of kindness and then tell someone how he felt about it after. So yesterday morning we were talking about different things you could do to show a random act of kindness and then the conversation was over. A little while later, I look over and he shows me that he wrote this note for my MIL…
She had written him a note on the board the day before, so he said he thought it would be nice to write one back to her. I mean, if only they could be this sweet ALL of the time, right??
8. Speaking of being sweet…I got about 5 minutes of these two being nice to each other yesterday, so I had to document it.
Alex is totally into reading Christmas books with Santa in them right now, so they were both reading (or “reading”) back and forth to each other in their little “house.”
9. I really need to thank all of you who took the time to comment on Wednesday’s post. Being able to share posts like that with you all and hearing your feedback is one of my favorite things about blogging, to be honest! Many of you made some really valid points, which I’d already been considering, so again, thank you, thank you <3 <3
10. I didn’t get the chance to announce it until now, but the winners of my Beautycounter Cyber Monday giveaway and the Holiday Mystery Hostess have been chosen!
- Cyber Monday Giveaway Winner = Beth B.
- Holiday Mystery Hostess Winner = Stacey M.
Congrats to both of the winners, and a huge THANK YOU to all of you who have shown your support for my little Beautycounter business. I cannot tell you how much FUN I am having and I love being able to connect with so many of you!
Alright my friends, I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! We’ve got a date night planned + our elf, Franklin, is set to arrive on Saturday (December 1st) so we’ll be having some fun with him, too. ; )