1. First and foremost, I want to wish a very happy Veterans Day to everyone out there, especially to the brave men and women who have sacrificed and graciously served our country. If you happen to see a vet today, be sure to tell them thank you!
2. I took the day off of work yesterday to take care of some errands I’ve been needing to run and sort of just catch up on life. I sent the boys to daycare, I cleaned up a bit around the house, and I went through the boys’ closets and packed up all of the clothes that are now too small.
3. I also took a trip to the mall (one that I’ve been trying to do for about 3 weeks now?), and made out like a bandit in H&M. Eeeeeeek!
Be on the lookout (hopefully soon!) for a recap. I can’t wait to share what I found!
4. I also went searching for a new winter coat for Lucas and hit the jackpot at Gap. This coat was $78 full price, but all outerwear was 30% off, then I had $15 in Gap rewards on my account, AND saved an extra 10% for using my Gap card. So it only ended up costing about $34 when all was said and done. WIN!
5. Speaking of my Lucas, he has been SO into letters and words these days. We’ve been doing lots of our favorite wipe clean books, and he’s also been really interested in spelling out words with his magnet letters. His increase in interest and definitely caused bedtime to take a little longer though, since he wants to point out and/or spell pretty much every other word. ; )
Not that I’m complaining, though. It’s definitely not a bad problem to have! So proud of him.
6. And before you go thinking my dear Lucas is sweet as pie over here, I’ll also just keep it real and let you know that he has been TESTING our patience in a BIG way these days. We’ve suddenly encountered a bit of an “angry” phase, where if he doesn’t get his way or we ask him to stop doing something (yadda yadda, you know, usual toddler stuff), then you’d think the world was ending. Eye rolling, huffing and puffing, arms crossed…the whole nine. Whew, it’s a doozy. And we are still clueless on the most effective way to deal with it, because not much works. Fun stuff, my friends.
7. You want to know what IS fun though? Receiving an amazingly delicious gift basket in the mail!
The kind people from Tierra Farms sent us this beautiful basket, filled with some of their incredible, 100% certified organic, certified gluten-free, certified kosher and GMO-free products.
Tierra Farm is an employee-owned, environmentally-conscious farm specializing in the processing of certified organic, nut, seed, dried fruit, coffee and chocolate products shipping more than 250 different items to more than 1,100 stores nationwide (and they’re actually only located about 30 minutes from where we live, so cool!) Jay was thrilled to see some of their Honey Sriracha Cashews included in the basket, and I have been loving their Cranberry Cashew Pecan Granola. SO GOOD.
*For those of you who are local, Tierra Farms actually has a seasonal pop-up kiosk in Crossgates Mall, located on the upper level near the Lord & Taylor wing!
8. I usually like to have one or two different articles or blog posts that I’ve read during the week to share with you guys, but I’ve barely had a chance to read anything this week so I’ve got nothing!! If you’ve read anything good this week, feel free to share below!
Alright my friends, I’m cutting things short here today – I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3