1. I want to wish a very happy Veterans Day to everyone out there, especially to the brave men and women who have sacrificed and graciously served our country. If you happen to see a vet today, be sure to tell them thank you!
2. A “quick trip” to Target earlier this week resulted in a few extra items in my cart. I had to grab another one of these nursing bras because they’re SO comfortable and I also picked up this cute baseball tee for when I’m lounging at home (which is most of the time). It also resulted in this Rudolph’s Mix which is absolutely INSANE.
I’d say I shouldn’t buy any more of it this holiday season but I feel like that would be a lie…
3. The postpartum hair loss is still going strong over here. You can see where I’m losing a bunch of it from this post-workout pic I snapped the other day.
Blahhhhh, definitely not my favorite thing in the world!
4. I’m currently sipping on some wine as I’m typing up this post on Thursday night while watching a DVR’d episode of Chicago PD. Good stuff tonight, my friends. Good stuff.
5. Lucas has been so much more interested in Alex lately and it’s adorable. He asks to hold him all the time (although it lasts for about 20 seconds) and loves to give him hugs and toys. And does he not look totally huge in this picture?!
6. Speaking of…my little bubba turned 5 months old yesterday. FIVE months! Man, time sure flies. I’m hoping to have an update post up next week!
(FYI: For any of you in the colder weather, I cannot recommend the JJ Cole BundleMe enough – it’s PERFECT for keeping the little ones warm in their infant car seats so you can avoid worrying about bulky coats!)
7. I’m a little short on fun facts today, so I’ll leave you all with this…
8. So this blog has never been – nor will it ever be – a place for any sort of political discussion. However, I feel I would be remiss to not mention something about the election this week. I’ve had to take somewhat of a step back from social media because I’ve found it incredibly disheartening to see so much hate at a time where we really need just the opposite. Politics aside, no matter who you supported throughout this election, I think we can all agree we need encouragement. And hope. And unity.
So rather than adding fuel to the fire, it is my hope that we can rise above the hate and negativity and, instead, spread more love, kindness, and compassion at a time when we need it more than ever. I challenge all of you to get out there and do one good deed today. And hug your children tightly. <3