1. My blogger brain has been moving a bit slow this week. Most of the time, I can come up with something to write about pretty quickly and get it put together, but this week has been lacking creativity. I sat down to write a post Wednesday evening for yesterday and after about 5 minutes realized, nope, not a blogging day apparently. I think my mind has just been heading in a million directions lately!
2. Anyone else remember these growing up???
They used to be at our old house, from when my grandparents lived there, and I can still remember playing with them there when I was a little girl. I took them out for Lucas to try the other day and he looooved the tinker toys.
3. Since I didn’t get the chance to post yesterday, I wasn’t able to share the winners of the Sears giveaway! Congrats to Katie R., the winner of the $50 gift card…
And Kelli Rudolph, the winner of the $25 gift card!
Oh, and while we’re at it, I’ve also got a winner for the Blue Apron giveaway. Congrats, Nicole!
Ladies, please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you hooked up with your goodies!
4. Oh, and side note…if you’re looking to give Blue Apron as a gift, I know I had a few of you ask about that. The good news is that they have a super easy options where you can gift 1 week, 2 weeks, or 4 weeks (for either the 2-person plan or the family plan!). It’s sort of tough to find on their website (all the way at the bottom), so you can check that out HERE!!
5. I’ve had a new favorite lunch this week! A quick and easy chicken “salad” of sorts, made with chicken (duh), avocado, plain Greek yogurt, dried cranberries, and some S&P.
So quick and easy, and delicious scooped up with crackers!
6. How amazing does this Monster Cookie Dough Dip look? Umm, I’ll take a full bowl right NOW, please and thank you!
7. My friend Heather opened up a new Etsy shop where she’s currently selling her handmade bracelets and they are so pretty. Definitely check her out!
8. I’d been trying to bring Lucas to get his flu shot the past week or two, but since he’d had a bit of a cold off and on I wanted to wait. Well yesterday was the day and we’ll just say that this child does NOT like the anticipation of the shot…but he DOES love stickers and munchkins.
So that’s exactly what we got when we were done. Did mom sneak a munchkin? You know it.
9. In breaking news, just in case you were wondering, the frozen hot chocolate from DD’s tastes verrrry similar to the Wendy’s frosty and it. is. delicious.
And quite heavy, so I actually only drank about half and saved the rest in the freezer. Which probably isn’t a bad thing.
10. Sale alert! iHerb is having 10% off their entire site now through November 30th. Perfect time to stock up on some nut butters and bubble bath (because, umm, that’s what I’ll be getting!).
11. Waffles with peanut butter, banana, chia seeds, and syrup = a heavenly breakfast at home.
12. I’ve been waiting since last holiday season for these bad boys to come back…and a trip to Target yesterday confirmed they’re heeere!
Ohhh, that mix is SO dangerous.
13. I tried a new cookie recipe this week. The flavor was awesome, but the texture wasn’t quite everything I’d hoped it’d be.
Ahh well, ya win some some and ya lose some still sorta win because they still taste yummy.
14. Many of you have still been reaching out to let me know you’re keeping our family, my father-in-law specifically, in your thoughts and prayers and I sincerely appreciate that. Thank you. He’s no longer in the hospital, which is good, but he’s also not home, which has been a bit difficult for us all. We’re hoping that he’ll be able to get strong enough so he can go home, so if you could continue to send some positive vibes his way, we’d all greatly appreciate it. <3
Alright my friends, I’m outta here for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!