1. So…a little Lucas sleep update for you all. We are still paci-free (as we intend to be), and are still working hard at getting him accustomed to his new bed. However, although there are no tears putting him to bed at night, he almost immediately gets up and out of bed…only to fall asleep in his rocking chair.
For the past three nights I’ve had to go in before we go to bed and transfer him back to the bed…but at some point during the night, he still winds up back in the chair. It’s hilarious, and I’m just trying to remind myself that it’s still all very new to him and that he’s gotta figure it out eventually. Right?
2. Caramel Brulee syrup is baaaaaack at Starbucks!
I get all warm inside just thinking about it.
3. So the other day we were going through some old pictures and I happened to come across these two. Aaaaand in case you’re wondering, no, that is not Lucas. It is Jay.
However, I think there’s no denying that Lucas is a spitting image of his daddy. So much so that my MIL (yes, Jay’s mom) actually thought it was Lucas in the pictures. TOO funny!
4. Did you guys see that Oprah announced her new Favorite Things list? I’ll take one of all of ‘em, thankyouverymuch.
5. Soooo, let’s talk chocolate cake for a quick sec. Or, rather, chocolate cobbler to be exact. Earlier this week, I showed Jay a pin that I added to Pinterest and joked around that he needed to make it for me. Well, wouldn’t you know…he made me the cobbler.
And topped with a little vanilla ice cream? Hooooooly crap, this. stuff. is. amazing. Healthy, it is not, but you just don’t think about that part when you’re eating it and it’s all good.
Definitely try ittttt.
6. I mean, it was totally okay since I made a batch of Crockpot Veggie Stew this week so I’ve still been eating my veggies.
7. Anyone watch the CMA’s on Wednesday night? More specifically, did you guys see the amazing performance that was Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton?? SO GOOD.
8. I’ve been mixing it up a bit on the workout front this week and trying some barre videos online. Whew, they are NO joke! If anyone has any favorites, PLEASE share ‘em with me! I want to find some more good ones without having to go buy anything just yet.
9. I tried out some new ChapStick this week and, I’ve gotta say…I’m sorta loving it!
ChapStick sent me over a couple tubes of their Total Hydration 100% Natural, and so far I’ve tried the soothing vanilla which was just fab. They’re made with Argan oil, which is clinically proven to provide healthier and more youthful looking lips, but I just love that it goes on smooth, doesn’t have a funky after taste, and keeps my smackers feeling hydrated.
I’m definitely enjoying it, so thanks, ChapStick!
10. The Rollercoaster That is Parenthood. Moms and dads, give it a read.
11. Would ya believe that we’re less than 3 weeks away from Turkey Day?? I’m sure many of you are already gearing up and starting to plan your menus, so if that’s the case, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to get that turkey for a discount…or even for free?? Well, thanks to Jennie-O, I’ve got the chance for a lucky STSL reader to win $30 in Jennie-O coupons!
To enter, just leave a comment on this post with something nice, positive, or uplifting. I’ll choose a random winner on Monday.
Alright my friends, I’m outta here for today. I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!
Oh, and P.S. – be sure to check out the blog tomorrow if you’re around…I’ve got a gift card to give away!