1. It has been a long time since I’ve had such busy evenings during the work week. I feel like all I want to do this weekend now is lay on my couch in my cozies. I’m so old…
2. On Wednesday, I had my company kickoff meeting/party which was a blast. The evening started with a meeting, followed by cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. There were also some casino tables to go with the “Speakeasy” theme of the party, but I didn’t wind up doing any gambling (there was no real money involved). Instead, I drank wine, ate food, hung out with co-worker friends, and let my wine buzz take me out to the dance floor.
Oh, and there were mini desserts, so of course it was a great night.
3. On Thursday, I had Girls’ Night which was MUCH anticipated! We haven’t really gotten together just the girls since we all went to see Gone Girl back in October. Umm…three months is WAY too long!
4. On Wednesday night, I went to bed craving donuts. On Thursday morning, I woke up still craving donuts. So on my way to work on Thursday, I got donuts.
Noooo, I didn’t eat them ALL…I did share some. But I didn’t let anyone touch my blueberry cake donut. 😉
5. A couple of weeks (months?) ago, I bought myself a new pair of Reebok sneakers, and I am totally loving them. I bought the YourFlex Trainette 5.0 and they are some seriously comfortable shoes.
They’ve been working out great for the workouts these days!
I also just recently bought Lucas a new pair, since he’s just about to outgrow his current pair.
I bought him these, and they are really just too adorable. Plus, I totally love how these don’t have full laces like his last ones. SO much easier to get on/off!
And, in case you’re wondering what the heck he’s doing on our kitchen floor, the child gets super excited when the heat kicks on from the vent under the sink. Hilarious.
6. Did you guys see the photo I posted on Instagram yesterday? I swear, T-Rex jokes never, ever get old.
7. Another good quote from my desk calendar this week.
Heck YES I do.
8. I feel like I’m totally in limbo with my workouts lately. Part of me winds up craving something super sweaty and intense, but the other part of me wants something with a little less impact and intense in a different way (like PiYo). Lately, I’ve kinda just been “winging” it when it comes to my workouts, but I think I may try to extend the whole weekly organization thing to include not just meals, but workouts too.
Right now, I’m thinking maybe I’ll aim for 3 days of more intense (like my T25 videos…OR, have you guys seen this Insanity Max: 30?! It seems, well, insane) and 2 days of something low impact like PiYo or yoga. What do ya think…do any of you guys plan your workouts for the week, or do you just go for it?
Alright guys, I’m off for today! Hope you all have a fantastic Friday and a fun weekend ahead! I’ll try to pop back in on Sunday with some meal prepping. 😉